Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fax tool for PC's - help needed ?

Fax tool for PC's - help needed ?

Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:51 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Fax tool for PC's - help needed ?

Hi folks,

Do any of you recommend a fax tool that can be used with PC, I have no fax at home and the only ones I can find on the net need a subscrpition charge.

Any help would be appreciated ?

Thanks

Warren

Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:12 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fax tool for PC's - help needed ?

Are you wanting to send or receive or both?

Do you have a scanner/printer?

Do you want to use your home phone number as a fax number, and then get the PC to receive via it's modem?

Do you want to fax direct from your pc to receiver's fax machine?

I'm sure there's tools out there to allow all of this. Didn't windows used to have a fax facility in the accessories folder?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi folks,

Do any of you recommend a fax tool that can be used with PC, I have no fax at home and the only ones I can find on the net need a subscrpition charge.

Any help would be appreciated ?

Thanks

Warren
What OS are you running.XP and 2000 have a fax service built in.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:10 am
owieb

Originally Posted by bondipom
I just use the one in XP, works fine.

If I need to sign any documents I just print, sign and scan them to fax back, or I've got a jpg of my signature and just put that on the document in the right place.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Funny you should mention it but I've just had a requirement to set up Fax software on my m/c. I used to use Bitfax that came with the modem and so I installed that but XP wouldn't find the modem under Bitfax so now I'm looking for a newer version of Bitfax but without luck so far. Installed it on my W98 m/c and works a treat. Maybe I'll have to do all my faxing from W98.

I found Bitfax excellent s/w and very user friendly. I personnally hate the XP built in Fax software.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:39 am
Go Banana's !!

I am running the XP and Office 2003 Professional but I can't find any Fax tools like I used to have on my old PC in England ?

Give me a clue where to find them ?

Thanks for your replies

Warren

Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:58 am

I am running the XP and Office 2003 Professional but I can't find any Fax tools like I used to have on my old PC in England ?

Give me a clue where to find them ?

Thanks for your replies

Warren
Start > settings > printers and faxes.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:25 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

This web site has details of how you can send a fax for free from a browser or via email.

I've used it quite a few times and it works well. Coverage is not global, but you can enter the number your going to fax to see if it works.

http://www.tpc.int/
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:26 am
Go Banana's !!

Start > settings > printers and faxes.
Thanks Bondi, now sorted although strugling with the set up and dialling numbers but I'm sure I'll get there.

Thanks for everyones help.

Warren

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:33 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bondi, now sorted although strugling with the set up and dialling numbers but I'm sure I'll get there.

Thanks for everyones help.

Warren

Arent you now on ADSL and therefore I thought you were unable to send or recieve faxes through it.... or you using your dial up modem to send/recieve...

If it works through ADSL lemme know how.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Siren
Arent you now on ADSL and therefore I thought you were unable to send or recieve faxes through it.... or you using your dial up modem to send/recieve...

If it works through ADSL lemme know how.
You can still use your fax/modem whilst you are connected to the ADSL line. You must have a ADSL splitter or filter on the line just like you do with telephone lines. Most sites at work are on ADSL on the fax line.