Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favourite sweets from your childhood years

Favourite sweets from your childhood years

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:05 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Favourite sweets from your childhood years

What was that gipping light brown Spangle? Lynn says she loved 'em! Weirdo.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:08 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Loved spangles

foam bananas and shrimps

lucky bags even though they were crap always thought I was gonna get something good
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Cola flavoured spangles - yum
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Following on from Hutchy's drinks thread, what was your favourite sweet(s) from your childhood years.

Mine has got to be 'Texan Bars'

"A mans gotta chew what a mans gotta chew"!

Couldn't say that in an advert nowadays!!

Rich
dainty toffees...parma violets...black jacks..........milk bottles.........sasparilla tablets........ by the way if u live in rockingham there is a shop that sells most of these now yummy.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxjan hutchinson.xxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

half penny MoJos and their darker cousins Blackjacks
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Milk teeth and white mice yummy and caramac bars

Debs xxx
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Spangles and star bars.....mmmmmm. Luckily the shop down the road still sells star bars.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

wallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant futurewallabyWannabe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teresa
Pear drops

and reliving most of the above in the shops here...black jacks, cola cubes and favourite...refreshers

Cola pips at 5p a quarter. You got loads and me and my friend (who now lives in Caloundra) used to go up to Toad Rock, in Rusthall, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and spit them out at unwanted tourists!!!
Also pacers, pineapple cubes, toffee crumble, and really manky crisps for 5p like pharie wheels and anything that was less than 10p!
(Yes we were fat children!!!!!!!)
Remember when twix was 9p! Polos 7p and a Corneto was less than 50p!!!!!
Oh my god I have turned 30 and am realising that I am actually getting a bit older. Shit where is the wine!!!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Rainbow Drops
Wham Bars
Lion Bars
And those stripey mint chews(can't remember the name)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MJELNC
Rainbow Drops
Wham Bars
Lion Bars
And those stripey mint chews(can't remember the name)
Hi you have all taken me down mermory lane Cough candy, american hard gums, my mum gave 10p and i would get loads.Crisps were dead cheap. oh chocolate raisons i can see the containers in the local shops, shame my kids won,t get this, its all haribo these days Tracy
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi you have all taken me down mermory lane Cough candy, american hard gums, my mum gave 10p and i would get loads.Crisps were dead cheap. oh chocolate raisons i can see the containers in the local shops, shame my kids won,t get this, its all haribo these days Tracy
Does anyone remember the original smiths crisps with the little blue bag of salt from the 60's ? My uncle lived across the street from the 'Paynes Poppet' factory in South London, that always fascinated me as a kid.....

Last edited by gruffbrown; Jul 2nd 2005 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:30 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

"Fish 'n' Chips" snacks
Wham Bars
Nice 'n' spicy niknaks (still get them but they aren't as spicy as I remember)
Jubblies
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:24 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

We used to get rainbow sherbet, weighed and poured into a little paper cone, used to lick our finger to make the sherbet stick to it and then lick it off.
Trouble was we would insist on lying to mom that we hadn't had sweets before our dinner and our coloured fingers were quite obvious !!
Also loved fruit salads and blackjacks.

Brilliant thread
Carole
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
We used to get rainbow sherbet, weighed and poured into a little paper cone, used to lick our finger to make the sherbet stick to it and then lick it off.
Trouble was we would insist on lying to mom that we hadn't had sweets before our dinner and our coloured fingers were quite obvious !!
Also loved fruit salads and blackjacks.

Brilliant thread
Carole
Do you still do that in polite company carole?...............
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:47 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

those pinky / purple little boiled sweets that tasted a bit musky.....are those parma violets? YUM also Coals from Newcastle were yummy, but ditto what others have said about anything that was less than about 10p. I still remember going down our corner shop and loading up on 1/2p cola bottles. They have to be my absolute fave!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.