Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favourite sweets from your childhood years

Favourite sweets from your childhood years

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default Re: Favourite sweets from your childhood years

Originally Posted by extrameant
I bet no one remembers aztec bars, a bit like a big really fluffy milky way. From about 1968, if you collected three wrappers you got one free. No-one seems to remember them but me! They seemed to dissapear off the market pretty quick.

Also apple stroodles, in a packet shaped like an apple?

I have never met anyone who remembers the aztec bar though, can anyone tell me I'm not mad?
Its all right, I am mad.
I found this link http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/acatalog/whatever.html
which shows an aztec bar, buts its not what I thought it was although i do remember it now. I now think the thing I am thinking of was called a super moose.
Actually, I am going to go away and have a long talk to myself about how sad am I, and have I got nothing better to do an a sunday afternoon.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Ok, I am that sad B$%^&d, I just couldn't let it go. For any other babyboomers out there who are feeling reminiscent heres a good link http://tv.cream.org/ Check out the 'best before' link for a ot of old memories.
This mentions the stroodles, but nothing about supermoose, although I did see someone on a forum elsewhere who remembered them when looking for this link.

Next thing, one of these cans of juice used to be really really fizzy (Painfully so), so much that it almost disappeared in your mouth if you held it there. I think it was fresca, can anyone else remember?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:17 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

The sweet cigarettes are called candy sticks now, the kids love 'em. They'll be on 40 Capstan Full Strength a day in no time.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rossifumi
The sweet cigarettes are called candy sticks now, the kids love 'em. They'll be on 40 Capstan Full Strength a day in no time.
LMAO : )

Katie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:31 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Mine used to be Glees. They were purple chewy sweets, really scrummy but no-one seems to remember them (mind you this was back in the 60s/70s).

Sherbet dips - I used to chuck the liquorice away (yuk!) and put the sherbet in a glass, add water and get a fizzy drink.....!

Bar 6

Fry's chocolate creams (but the different flavoured segments, not mint)

Double Deckers

Yummy......

D D
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:36 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

What about toffee bon bons, I love the strawberry flavour
Drunsticks
Refresher chews
Cheery lips
Space dust & lolly
Pineapplie chunks

I love most things chewy really mmmmm
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:09 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by extrameant
I bet no one remembers aztec bars, a bit like a big really fluffy milky way. From about 1968, if you collected three wrappers you got one free. No-one seems to remember them but me! They seemed to dissapear off the market pretty quick.

Also apple stroodles, in a packet shaped like an apple?

I have never met anyone who remembers the aztec bar though, can anyone tell me I'm not mad?
My hubby remembers Aztec Bars! LOL
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

This thread made me take a trip to the "English" shop in Glenelg.
They had those Pez thingys there.. remember them? little rectangular packs and you put them into a plastic toy thing to dispense them?

I bought some Bassetts black jack chews, pear drops, aniseed twists, sherbet fountain (a tube of sherbert with a licorice stick to suck it up with!!)

Thats the diet out the window for this week
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:32 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Those liqourice sticks with the sherbert in the middle, mmm. You can still get them.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:33 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Bazooka Joe Bubblegum,Pacers, Traffic Light Lollies, toffos, Chocolate Jazzies, blackcurrent and liquorice, Giant Torpedos, (remember girls used for lippy) candy letters....oh and the candy necklaces....btw you can get the same thing but bra n nix from wild shop over here...

boomie
x

Last edited by Boomie; Jul 3rd 2005 at 9:48 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Soapy ages ago.

Mr.Cadbury and Ms Rowntree met on a coach journey. It was After Eight.
She was from Quality Street; he was a Fisherman's Friend.
On the way they stopped at a Yorkie Bar, he had a Rum & Butter and she had a
Wine Gum.
He asked her name. "Polo, I'm the one with the hole", she said.
"I'm the one with the Nuts", he thought. Then he touched her Milky Way.
They checked in and went straight to the bedroom.
Mr Cadbury turned out the light for a bit of Black Magic.
It wasn't long before he slipped his hand into her Snickers and felt the contrast of her Double Decker.
Then he showed her his Curly Wurly.
Ms Rowntree wasn't keen to have any more Jelly Babies, so she let
Him take a trip down Bourneville Boulevard.
He was pleased as he always fancied a bit of Fudge.
It was a Magic Moment as she let out a scream of Turkish Delight.
When he came out his Fun Sized Mars Bar felt a bit Crunchie.
She wanted more but he decided to take Time Out.
However, he noticed her Pink Wafers looked very appetising...So he did a Twirl, had a Picnic in her Sherbert and gave her a Gob Stopper.
Unfortunately Mr Cadbury then had to go home to his wife, Caramel.
Sadly, he was soon to discover he had caught V.D.
It turns out Ms Rowntree had been with All Sorts
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:42 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Boomie]Bazooka Joe Bubblegum, Traffic Light Lollies, toffos, Chocolate Jazzies, blackcurrent and liquorice, Giant Torpedos, (remember girls used for lippy) candy letters....oh and the candy necklaces....btw you can get the same thing but bra n nix from wild shop over here...

oh and any1 remember theses from the chemist...... Liquorice Root

rather like suckin on a twig...lol

does any1 also remember the freezer shop called bejam..... where you could get dark secrets.....

boom
x
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:47 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
This thread made me take a trip to the "English" shop in Glenelg.
They had those Pez thingys there.. remember them? little rectangular packs and you put them into a plastic toy thing to dispense them?

I bought some Bassetts black jack chews, pear drops, aniseed twists, sherbet fountain (a tube of sherbert with a licorice stick to suck it up with!!)

Thats the diet out the window for this week
You can get Pez in Kmart & Woolworths, I buy them occasionally for the boys (they just like the dispensers ). Can also buy pear drops in a few places here in Brisbane (one in Capalaba).

I remember Fry's Chocolate Cream here in Australia (the different flavoured ones), I think you can still get the peppermint ones?
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:55 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Those liqourice sticks with the sherbert in the middle, mmm. You can still get them.
Licorice flyers - the licorice is sealed at one end and a stopper of candy at the other end?

I love the red ones but not found anywhere that sells them here in Adelaide - can anyone help me out?

Elaine M
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:57 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Boomie]
Originally Posted by Boomie

oh and any1 remember theses from the chemist...... Liquorice Root

rather like suckin on a twig...lol

does any1 also remember the freezer shop called bejam..... where you could get dark secrets.....

boom
x
Liquorice root was one of my sister's favourites...

Oooh yes Dark Secrets from Bejam, little ice cream chocolates, they were gorgeous!

That really takes me back Boomie

Elaine M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.