Wikiposts

Favourite Music

Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Some dodgy choices here, but hey, each to their own!!
Saw the wedding singer on NZ tv last night, that brought a few school leavin' memories back!
I used to be into Sir William IDOL, The Cure, The Cult (still am! great band) the mission, sisters etc. (dodgy or what!)

lol! :scared:
Same as! Matt and i were goths when we met, i even got married in purple!

Now still fairly alternative Chillies, foo fighters, stereophonics and am wondering if "the darkness" cd is worth buying.
Also, a bit of a change of tac, but i adore anything done by Paul Weller, the man is god!!!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Heather i bought `The Darkness` the other day and love it. Some unusual language but it definately grows on you.

footie chick
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

best i go get it then!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me know what you think off it. It was off for my usual taste but there is something about it. Track 6 is one of my faves.

fc
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:48 am
WBB

dr dre is a ledgend and i also like eminems second album the other two are ok but the second one is awesome, then there is bob marley, bob dylan, pet shop boys, elvis.......the list is varied and i have a wide taste in music.

but like you say each to his own

Old Oct 4th 2003, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Elvis (and yes I have been to Memphis )

Then Gene Vincent, Jerry Lee Lewis, Big Bopper and all the rock n roll stuff.

But also stuff like Sex Pistols, Clash, Queen, Moody Blues, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Billy Idol, INXS.

Of course the glam rock stuff.

Also like the very old blues stuff the deep south negro spiritual sound very raw and full of feeling.

My music tastes are as screwed up as the rest of me. !!

Last edited by karawara88; Oct 4th 2003 at 3:35 am.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 4:53 am
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fave music

Hi,
Loved the early punk stuff of the 70's, Buzzcocks, Sex pistols (sound very tame now ), Undertones.
Progressed to Ska , 2-tone and mod music (had the parka and Lambretta) The Jam (alltime fave) Specials , The beat and of course Madness. At the mo into Coldplay,Stereophonics and Tom Jones. But the music i will def be taking with are my prized collection of CD's by The Stranglers.........aaaaaaaah memories
" WALKING ON THE BEACHES LOOKING AT THE PEACHES"

OH and not forgetting Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze "Scuse me while i kiss this guy"

Arron

Adelaide soon please!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:47 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by footie chick
Heather i bought `The Darkness` the other day and love it. Some unusual language but it definately grows on you.

footie chick
That's one CD on my wishlist, best I get it too.
Matchbox 20 are big here in NZ, their new album is absolutely brilliant, buy it, buy it, buy it!!! Its called "More than you think you are" treat yourself!
If anyones interested I've got loads of Garrison Damn CD's left!!!
No surprise there then!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Go on then Alan, send us one, i'll brave it!!!
The muse new album is great aswell
Old Oct 4th 2003, 10:22 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Many and varied

A lot of people saying there is no good music these days. I think (personal opinion) that that is wrong. I think the statement should read there is a lot of crap music today, you have to look harder for the good stuff.

Current favourites

Muse
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Old I know but still brilliant)
Eminem
Darkness

Old favourites in no particular order

The Wonderstuff
The KLF (The White Room = Total class album)
The Mission
Sisters of Mercy
Greenday
The Waterboys (Older stuff, newer stuff is a bit hit and miss)
Primal Scream
PWEI

This bright Sunday morning I am listening to the Sex Pistols "Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle" Classic album.

Also I saw Fame Academy last night, now while I havn't really watched it much before I have to say Alex has an absolutely stunning voice and provided she sticks up for her musical integrity could make an absolutely stunning album.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

[.
Also, a bit of a change of tac, but i adore anything done by Paul Weller, the man is god!!! [/QUOTE]

Three cheers for the " Modfather "!!!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Arlene & Brisbec - I have only one thing to say ...... "Shang a lang......."
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Some dodgy choices here, but hey, each to their own!!
Saw the wedding singer on NZ tv last night, that brought a few school leavin' memories back!
I used to be into Sir William IDOL, The Cure, The Cult (still am! great band) the mission, sisters etc. (dodgy or what!)

I still like all that stuff, plus Matchbox 20, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Chillies, Korn, loads more weird sh** I suppose I haven't changed, it'd just a different kind of weird.

Oh, and of course, the legendary GARRISON DAMN!!! lol! :scared:
OOohh I am with you on this, love The Cult, Mission, Sisters, New Model Army -saw em last year, Half Man Half Biscuit, now into Foo Fighters, King of the Leon, White Stripes, The marvellous Chilli Peppers I could go on and on (and usually I do!)
Old Oct 5th 2003, 10:25 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jamesy
Half Man Half Biscuit
There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of the slipper with a biro on a Saturday night instead of going to the pub!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I love all the 80s stuff too and I'm 38. Reminds me of when I could fit into hotpants and could stay awake all night clubbing (without needing drugs) Like 60s/70s pop and singer-songwriter stuff (aka whiny women songs) too like Joan Baez.

If you like soft rock from 70s/80s then Cold Chisel with Jimmy Barnes singing is a good Aussie way to go.

H - I got married in black - not a goth though, more hippy chick...

Steve - love your claim to fame. You've just got to make it to some of the Melbourne meets and sing us some oldies!

For all the modfather's fans: yup he is/was a god. Have been reminded of that regularly as he shares a birthday with my hubbie (but hub's 6 years younger than Paul).

Don't want to ruin anyone's fantasy here but we saw Paul Weller early this summer in Golders Hill Park. No, not a gig, he was in the sandpit looking after a toddler who he then carried off on his shoulders accompanied by a blonde woman who was presumably the girl's mum. Maybe he just came from a gig - hope so because that's the only sensible excuse for someone being in a sandpit surrounded by toddlers and mums whilst wearing a 3 piece black suit and shiny shoes! A really bizarre sight. He sure looked awkward with the whole dad/stepdad thing. With the perma-tan and craggy aging face he looked uncannily like a skinnier and unsmiling Rod Stewart. My friend who hadn't heard of him guessed he looked about 50-odd which can't be good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.