Wikiposts

Favourite Music

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

George and Andy in 'Wake me up before you go go' those hot pants, I swear you could see it nearly all hanging out of the trouser leg-swoon!

Love most of the 80's stuff Wham, Duran,Spandau, Madness, Joyce Simms etc plus those smoochy soul tracks of Alexander o'Neill and the late Barry White. Then I progressed to the early House music and hip hop junk - I still have a soft spot for Mantronix, De la Soul and the like.

Now I like Cold Play, Chilli Peppers, Stereophonics and the like. My taste has changed a lot over the years!

My 13 yr old has taught me how to download MP3 off of the net so I have finally got hold of lots of tracks that I used to like for free
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes saves money on all those compilations just for a few songs that bring back memories.

fc
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:06 am
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
George and Andy in 'Wake me up before you go go' those hot pants, I swear you could see it nearly all hanging out of the trouser leg-swoon!

Love most of the 80's stuff Wham, Duran,Spandau, Madness, Joyce Simms etc plus those smoochy soul tracks of Alexander o'Neill and the late Barry White. Then I progressed to the early House music and hip hop junk - I still have a soft spot for Mantronix, De la Soul and the like.

Now I like Cold Play, Chilli Peppers, Stereophonics and the like. My taste has changed a lot over the years!

My 13 yr old has taught me how to download MP3 off of the net so I have finally got hold of lots of tracks that I used to like for free
LOL remember the fluro socks and the choose life tees!!!

Don't mind Travis as opposed to Coldplay... still the 80's keeps calling me back!

MP3's are the best.. I have sooo many 80's songs and yes all for nix! (used to have heaps on vinyl!)
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Blues(John Lee Hooker and Taj Mahal )R&B but not Craig David,
lots of 80's Madness, specials,the beat.The cure ,joy division,
god the list is endless such Variety such joy a million memories.

Agree on the Barry White SUPERB,Hot chocolate,SLADE,T-rex.

I also like loads of todays Eminem is lyricly superb I would pay to watch him.Would like to see Fleetwood Mac next week.Saw Peter
Green a couple of years ago worked for security company where he was playing Exellent.
Van Morrison out of this world
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tinaj

Tina, which site do you use for your mp3's
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina, you could have written that for me! How old are you? I'm 32 (well, will be next week) I've found some really obscure one hit wonders on the net that i'd totally forgotton from the under 18's disco I used to go to at a local night club - Timex Social Club - Rumours, Oran Juice Jones - The Rain etc. We're just going through our vinyl and downloading what we want to keep as we haven't gotten the LP's out of the box in over a year now!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:38 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by nell m
Oran Juice Jones - The Rain
Wow, do you remember the lyrics from that one?

"Without me baby, you're like a squirrel trying to find his nuts, you're like cornflakes without the milk!" - Brilliant.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:50 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Ah...music was my first love, and it will be my last.

Except all that modern trash. Personally, I think it all went downhill when that 'Garage' crap came out.

Now me, I like Rock 'n' Roll, 50's, 60's, 70s and 80's. Meatloaf, Queen, Billy Joel, Eagles, Chas 'n' Dave, Elvis, Beatles, Bobby Darin, Glam, Rockabilly, Motown, you name it!

I was a DJ/Singer for 11 years and used to work at a lot of soul revival shows and Rock 'n' Roll shows. I've worked with many people and even sung on stage with Chas 'n' Dave! I also had the privilige to work with George Michael in the early eighties for a month at the Bel Air Resturant in Rickmansworth where we both used to DJ then he told me he was going off to sing!

Well, that's enough of me reminiscing about the past.....but I'll leave you all with a little something!

Did somebody mention the 80’s!!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
track no03.mp3 (85.7 KB, 70 views)
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:51 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Except all that modern trash. Personally, I think it all went downhill when that 'Garage' crap came out.

Now me, I like Rock 'n' Roll, 50's, 60's, 70s and 80's. Meatloaf, Queen, Billy Joel, Eagles, Chas 'n' Dave, Elvis, Beatles, Bobby Darin, Glam, Rockabilly, Motown, you name it!

I was a DJ/Singer for 11 years and used to work at a lot of soul revival shows and Rock 'n' Roll shows. I've worked with many people and even sung on stage with Chas 'n' Dave! I also had the privilige to work with George Michael in the early eighties for a month at the Bel Air Resturant in Rickmansworth where we both used to DJ then he told me he was going off to sing!

Well, that's enough of me reminiscing about the past.....off now to dust off the vinyl!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Tina, which site do you use for your mp3's

www.mp3search.com is a good one.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

foo fighters, the darkness,chilli peppers,queens of the stone age

Last edited by ace ventura; Oct 3rd 2003 at 10:00 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by SteveBannister

Well, that's enough of me reminiscing about the past.....off now to dust off the vinyl!
OOOH Steve - a claim to fame.

I also used to be Wham mad. I went to loads of their concerts and the last one - the final was great. Now though, at the moment I am into Blue. I also love country especially Shania. Other favourites are Elvis and Elton John. Not so keen on George Michael these days though.

Cant stand Cliff Richard and Pink Floyd (who my husband loves
)

Debs
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:34 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Some dodgy choices here, but hey, each to their own!!
Saw the wedding singer on NZ tv last night, that brought a few school leavin' memories back!
I used to be into Sir William IDOL, The Cure, The Cult (still am! great band) the mission, sisters etc. (dodgy or what!)

I still like all that stuff, plus Matchbox 20, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Chillies, Korn, loads more weird sh** I suppose I haven't changed, it'd just a different kind of weird.

Oh, and of course, the legendary GARRISON DAMN!!! lol! :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Brings back memories... think I will have to stock up on some CDs as my old tapes are pretty knackered. I used to love The Cure and The Cult when I was 16/17... my mate had a crush on Billy Duffy! Not so sure about todays music, but having nippers I spend most of my dosh on them and end up listening to Bob the Builder all day. Must admit listening to Ibiza chill out music, with a nice big glass of vino. Also went through a mad dance phase when I first discovered clubbing.. William Orbit, Banco de Gaia, Leftfield etc. although I tend to get bored of music pretty quick... must say I'm getting bored of listening to Ballamory all day!
:scared: guess it's all Banana in Pyjamas in Aus!:scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:57 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

I like Blur, Sterophonics,The Darkness, Suede, Elastica, The Bluetones, Sipergrass,Red Hot Chillis, old oasis stuff, anything Brit-Pop really!

Also like a lot of 80'stuff like The Cure, Annie Lennox, Meatloaf, Wham, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and a bit of hip-hop The Sugarhill gang!

Ooh and I try to make it to Glastonbury every year!

Siobhan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.