Favourite Music

Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Three cheers for the " Modfather "!!!

Hip hip horay!!! x 3 of course.
And Jo, my god you've seen him in the flesh, you never told me that in our mamouth meeting, i guess music was one topic we didn't cover. Made up your mind re the car yet
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:22 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to see so many Sisters fans, I thought I was alone....
Got married in scarlet (it was indeed a bad omen)
Looking forward to playing some early Sisters stuff in the blazing heat of Queensland, wierd or what!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:44 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Great to see so many Sisters fans, I thought I was alone....
Got married in scarlet (it was indeed a bad omen)
Looking forward to playing some early Sisters stuff in the blazing heat of Queensland, wierd or what!

I treated myself the other day. We had been clearing out the attic getting ready for the move and we got down all our old vinyl. Well I got so nostalgic the next day I went onto Amazon and bought

Sisters
Fields of the Nephilim
March Violets
PWEI
Levellers
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Sheffutd is an unknown quantity at this point

My favourites have to be:

Queen
The Who
Guns and Roses
Pearl Jam
Blind Melon
Mother Love Bone
Chilli Pepers
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:42 am
tennisoz

Default Re: Favourite Music

Originally posted by Brisgal
Since we have been chatting about music on other threads here.

what is your fave type of music and who is your favourite artist/s

I loved the 80's....still do!!!

My fave band is Simple Minds.
Been a fan since 1981
Saw them recently in Germany (the first time in 14 years)
Met the love of my life through being a fan xx

BG

ps no slagging off anyone's choices..... each to their own !
Paul Kelly
John Farnham
Midnight Oil
Yothu Yindi
John Williamson
Eric Bogle
Billy Thorpe
Masters Apprentices
Easybeats, Stevie Wright, Flash and the Pan etc
Kylie (not for the music!
Inxs
Max Merrit and the Meteors
Human Nature
Men at Work
The Twilights
Little River Band
..... etc, etc

Young aren't I!!!

TennisOz

Old Oct 6th 2003, 12:36 pm
tennisoz

Originally posted by tennisoz
Paul Kelly
John Farnham
Midnight Oil
Yothu Yindi
John Williamson
Eric Bogle
Billy Thorpe
Masters Apprentices
Easybeats, Stevie Wright, Flash and the Pan etc
Kylie (not for the music!
Inxs
Max Merrit and the Meteors
Human Nature
Men at Work
The Twilights
Little River Band
..... etc, etc

Young aren't I!!!

TennisOz
Oh, how could I forget.....

Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel
John Paul Young
The Bee Gees
The Seekers
Crowded House (watch the Kiwis claim them)
Dragon (ditto Crowded House)
Wild Cherries
Icehouse
Russell Morris
Wild Cherries
Normie Rowe
Ted Mulry (r.i.p)

P.S. It is interesting to note how many of the above started out as British Expats eg John Farnham, the Easybeats, John Farnham, Masters Apprentices, Ted Mulry, Eric Bogle, Lou from Neighbours etc, etc.

TennisOz

Old Oct 6th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Russell Morris - the real thing. Got a video of that somewhere - real 60s psychedelia. Thanks for reminding me tennisoz!

More Aussie: Hunters & Collectors - although Mark Seymour (brother of Nick from Crowded House) is a real jerk - organised a concert of theirs at NSW Uni once (supported by Spy v Spy). Small man, very big ego...

H - four wheel drive is it - been checking them out on the walk to the shops again...

Glad to see Sisters fans are still about - but going to Aussie land of sun? I remember a goth pal in Oz being appalled at accidentally getting a suntan...lost all his street cred...

Last edited by Jolyn; Oct 6th 2003 at 1:13 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:36 pm
Badge

Love anything that can stand the test of time: especially the rock stadium bands.

Dire Straits - Love over Gold (SNAP with pollyanna)
Tom Petty
U2
Queen
Coldplay
Chillis
Michelle Branch

on the subject of modern talent, was watching Pop idol/pop fame/latest star academy 5 etc etc on sat night...did anyone else notice the way every time a modern star attempts to sing a high note - they give up - and kind of do a "harmonic", flat, warbling instead??!!

me - was head choir boy so I can only sing Classical (all those hrs singing from the diaphragm/ being forced to do proper posh vowels in solos (when singing angels it's not anJILS it's anGELs yadda yadda etc).

After a good warm up I can do a bloody good rendition of "Love Changes Everything"...from Aspects of love. But i have to be warm.

badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Oct 6th 2003 at 2:39 pm.

Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[i]
After a good warm up I can do a bloody good rendition of "Love Changes Everything"...from Aspects of love. But i have to be warm.

badge
o-er missus!!!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:48 pm
tennisoz

And for my non-Aussie selection

Neil Young (Keep on Rockin' in the Free World)

TennisOz

Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:52 pm
Badge

Fortunately, by the time you get to the last "SAMEEEEEEEE" you've busted a gut singing what comes before and you can manage it, give or take.

Also helps if you have a hangover. night out with mates night before etc.

badge

Old Oct 6th 2003, 3:59 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Top live band has to be Bon Jovi, they're all richer than god but still give 2 hours+ every live show. Out of interest was anyone else at Old Trafford this year or the McAlpine last year to see them?

In the car it has to be Nirvana. Motorhead or A-Ha. I remember seeing A-Ha years ago in Harrogate, what a concert, it was just my best mate Ben, myself and 2000 moist teenage girls.

I also admit a liking for Film soundtracks, John Williams and James Horner especially. The ET music still makes me cry like a baby.

Blue.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
I treated myself the other day. We had been clearing out the attic getting ready for the move and we got down all our old vinyl. Well I got so nostalgic the next day I went onto Amazon and bought

Sisters
Fields of the Nephilim
March Violets
PWEI
Levellers

Think we should start a support group for aged Goths in Oz! All great bands, and the loft is still full of those old vinyls, can't bear to get rid of em when we go!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get rid of the vinyls - take them with you!! It'll only cost a few pounds by sea (how many have you got???) in your container.

Plus your kids will rediscover them as 'classics' in their teens and will be chuffed/surprised that boring old mum and dad have the original releases.

I remember that Oz & NZ had proportionately a lot of goths in the 80s. With all the body conscious bronzed surfie culture about, goth was really the counter-culture way to go - they stood out even more than in Britain where everyone's pale anyway!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:05 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite music.......

Got to say I like a bit of Queen and you can also throw in some Guns and Roses.
Also my girlfriend bought back some "Chisel" from her last trip home and thats really grown on me.

TT

I loved the 80's....still do!!!

My fave band is Simple Minds.
Been a fan since 1981
Saw them recently in Germany (the first time in 14 years)
Met the love of my life through being a fan xx

BG

ps no slagging off anyone's choices..... each to their own !