British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Favorite mail order website from The UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/favorite-mail-order-website-uk-696657/)

fishyface Mar 26th 2011 11:50 am

Re: Favorite mail order website from The UK?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 9255982)
Told a visiting neighbour about this site, looks like we may buy 5 pairs between us :thumbup:

I've not made an international order before, will Customs open or charge you for new goods sent in? Thanks in anticipation. x

LouiseR Mar 26th 2011 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 9206138)
No. I have ordered twice, and each time I get this:

Dear bcworld

Unfortunately, your order (JDXXXXXXXX) has been cancelled.

Please check the details and resubmit.

I'm ordering stuff to be delivered to my address here, which is the same as for the credit card I am using.

I got riled up the last time and wrote them a sarky email asking what more they would like me to do to make an international order...never heard nuffink back so I don't even try now.

Same thing happened to me. Couldn't be arsed to go through it all again!

Originally Posted by Mike 3G (Post 9220080)
Some good quality clothing on ASOS lookout for their sales some cracking stuff available.

http://www.asos.com/default.aspx?r=2

Love love love Asos! Ordered many a item off there. They offer FREE shipping to Aus and express post at a charge. They also allow you to pay in AUD but I prefer to pay in GBP as it works out cheaper :)

robowen Mar 26th 2011 12:44 pm

keep an eye on the superdrug website towards the end of summer in the uk. They get rid of tons of suncream at little or no costs. some a quid a bottle :thumbup:

also look out for anti-histemines...allergy tablets. They are really expensive here in ok, but costs pennies in the uk. :thumbup:

lesleys Mar 26th 2011 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by robowen (Post 9266744)
keep an eye on the superdrug website towards the end of summer in the uk. They get rid of tons of suncream at little or no costs. some a quid a bottle :thumbup:

also look out for anti-histemines...allergy tablets. They are really expensive here in ok, but costs pennies in the uk. :thumbup:

But they don't deliver to Australia.

paulry Mar 30th 2011 7:27 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted here but it's a good "International Stores That Ship to Australia" link

Just ordered some computer games and DVDs from dvd.co.uk. Very reasonable shipping charges and decent priced goods :thumbsup:

Margaret3 Apr 7th 2011 11:36 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 9244760)
11 days later and they have just been delivered :thumbup:

All good. :cool: I reckon including the postage the trainers have worked out to be almost half the Aussie price tags :thumbsup:

just ordered 2 pairs of trainers for my girls, great site!, also teens boyfriend ordered some

fish.01 Apr 8th 2011 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by temptininnit (Post 9220118)

Wiggle deliver free to aus over $80 I think and is vat free. Just love it when change destination from uk to aus and price is then 20% cheaper to send it to the other side of the world. :thumbsup:

Sherlock Holmes Apr 9th 2011 12:42 am

www.herringshoes.co.uk

www.eternadirect.co.uk

ozzieeagle Apr 9th 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by fishyface (Post 9266673)
I've not made an international order before, will Customs open or charge you for new goods sent in? Thanks in anticipation. x

Should be ok as the goods are less than 1,000 dollars in value.

Rambi Apr 9th 2011 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 9206311)
>>Now, we'll have none of the unaustralian bananas here thank you very much.<<

'course not - the Great Australian Public might realise what a nice banana should taste like! Same with apples etc.

So you're telling us that the Cavendish banana tastes better overseas?

Thanks for that giggle. :lol:

phat-dave Apr 9th 2011 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by hawkshaw (Post 9255926)
I paid $118 for 2 pairs of 501s including delivery but in my neck of the woods they're around $99 to $109 a pair.

FYI Costco at Docklands has a tonne of 501's for $48/each

louH Apr 9th 2011 10:43 pm

Has anyone found a site which will ship cosmetics? The only one I have come across is strawberry net.com but they don't stock what I am after.

Rideaway Apr 9th 2011 11:58 pm

If you are into cycling:
www.ribblecycles.co.uk
www.probikekit.com
www.chainreactioncycles.com

lesleys Apr 10th 2011 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by louH (Post 9296129)
Has anyone found a site which will ship cosmetics? The only one I have come across is strawberry net.com but they don't stock what I am after.

House of Fraser or Debenhams?

louH Apr 10th 2011 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by lesleys (Post 9297716)
House of Fraser or Debenhams?

Sadly no, hoff do not ship cosmetics and debenhams does not stock. Thanks for the suggestion.