Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fat spider with a thick white stripe - should I be worried

fat spider with a thick white stripe - should I be worried

Old May 4th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default fat spider with a thick white stripe - should I be worried

I have a spider the size of a 50p outside my front door. It has a thick white stripe head to tail ( I know spiders don't have tails!), I can't find it on any of the charts,

should I kill it, I don't like to kill spiders?
Thanks
Tara
Old May 4th 2006, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fat spider with a thick white stripe - should I be worried

Originally Posted by ali south
I have a spider the size of a 50p outside my front door. It has a thick white stripe head to tail ( I know spiders don't have tails!), I can't find it on any of the charts,

Thanks
Tara
Have you got a picture :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 9:49 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Tara
This might help...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...chmentid=26854
Old May 4th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
thanks, I have checked all the charts on the net and I cannot find it

ANYWAY, the spider started making a web across the front door so I just screamed and sprayed at the same time, can't bear to check if it has gone or is dead!
Tara
Old May 4th 2006, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

ANYWAY, the spider started making a web across the front door so I just screamed and sprayed at the same time, can't bear to check if it has gone or is dead!
Tara
Hmmm.
Sounds like the rare and endangered albino red-back to me.

Oh well, no longer rare or endangered.....

WW
Old May 4th 2006, 11:14 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Tara
Murderer!
Old May 4th 2006, 11:20 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

After having spent the day at a farm sitting at a table that hasn't been dusted or had the cobwebs removed for years, I am over my sensitivity to spiders.
I must have brushed about 10 off my jeans within 15 minutes. I looked under the table and moved back. I then slept in a cabin and just before turning the light out looked up at the ceiling and spotted a few spiders and couldn't be bothered to put my glasses on to see what type they were. I had some more booze and slept peacefully (till my phone started screaming at me at 4.30 this morning cause it had run out of juice)
Old May 4th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Was it just a stripe or a cross? It sounds like one of those completely harmless spiders that build a new web each evening to catch insects and the web gets destroyed over the course of the night, hence the re-webbing Forgotten the name of them but pretty sure it has 'Cross' in the name :P
Old May 4th 2006, 11:54 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Was it just a stripe or a cross? It sounds like one of those completely harmless spiders that build a new web each evening to catch insects and the web gets destroyed over the course of the night, hence the re-webbing Forgotten the name of them but pretty sure it has 'Cross' in the name :P
ST Andrews cross spider, one sent my wifes mate into labour ,and she wasn,t even pregnanant , walked into the web on a dark night :scared: i can still hear the screams 10 yr s later................... mm
Old May 4th 2006, 11:58 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it could be a wolf spider but that was on the pics posted a bit higher up so I'm not sure?? I had one a few weeks ago and posted a pic of it - here it is:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367618

If its not that one then sorry I cant help you! :scared:

Good luck

Rach
Old May 4th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Sounds like it could be a wolf spider but that was on the pics posted a bit higher up so I'm not sure?? I had one a few weeks ago and posted a pic of it - here it is:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367618

If its not that one then sorry I cant help you! :scared:

Good luck

Rach
no not like that at all

no CROSS (see postings above), just a stripe!
Tara
Old May 4th 2006, 1:25 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: fat spider with a thick white stripe - should I be worried

i dont like the look of any of them...
Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Old May 4th 2006, 1:38 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
i dont like the look of any of them...
I once saw a programme where a chap was allowing tarantulas to crawl inside his mouth.....up to the point that he could close his mouth......

He obviously failed to take the joke one step further by going to his local dentists to have a checkup, whilst leaving the spider in there.
Old May 4th 2006, 2:13 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Yes woman.......RUN

D D
Old May 4th 2006, 5:01 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

If in doubt ........................stamp it out

Don't give it chance to tell it's mates :scared: :scared:

Loz x