Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fastest way to apply for Citizenship?

Fastest way to apply for Citizenship?

Old Jun 5th 2006, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road
Default Fastest way to apply for Citizenship?

Hi
I am planning ahead, and will be eligable for citizenship on 22nd January - if the new law comes in on 27th Januray what would be my fastest way of applying before I have to wait the extra year? I live in Mandurah, but can travel into Perth if that would make it quicker...
Thanks for any advice...
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:16 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Fastest way to apply for Citizenship?

I would arrange for a Citizenship Interview for the day you become elegable, and apply in person. You can do that a few weeks before.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by brisnick
I would arrange for a Citizenship Interview for the day you become elegable, and apply in person. You can do that a few weeks before.

Thanks for that - but do I need to fill in and send off the application form before I book the interview?

Thanks again...
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hafan
Thanks for that - but do I need to fill in and send off the application form before I book the interview?

No you don't, not normally, but see below.

Bear in mind that you will have to make an application before the new law comes in (unless they change the Bill to exempt existing PRs). Booking an interview does not count as "making an application".