British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   fast track - IT ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/fast-track-112648/)

rapitts Oct 10th 2002 12:58 am

fast track - IT ?

I'm hoping to receive my ACS assessment by the end of the year once I have re-done my references again (should take 2 weeks once they have them)

I was wondering what the IT fast track movement is at the mo, do you need to have a MODL to be fast tracked or is it IT in general ???

I've heard that IT jobs at the mo in OZ are pretty slim at this time.

Its seems that most visas are taking between 10+ months in general.

I've applied for a working holiday visa before and remembered to apply just after the new quota has been assigned, thou I'm not sure if this is the case for migration ??

shorrock Oct 10th 2002 1:04 am

Re: fast track - IT ?

Originally posted by rapitts:
I'm hoping to receive my ACS assessment by the end of the year once I have re-done my references again (should take 2 weeks once they have them)

I was wondering what the IT fast track movement is at the mo, do you need to have a MODL to be fast tracked or is it IT in general ???

I've heard that IT jobs at the mo in OZ are pretty slim at this time.

I've applied for a working holiday visa before and remembered to apply just after the new quota has been assigned, thou I'm not sure if this is the case for migration ??

NO Fast tracking of IT any more (MODL or not). ONLY Nurses get fast tracked.

Kieron

rapitts Oct 10th 2002 1:07 am

Originally posted by shorrock:

NO Fast tracking of IT any more (MODL or not). ONLY Nurses get fast tracked.

Kieron

hmm.....yeah...should have done a Search !!!

ptlabs Oct 10th 2002 3:47 am

Originally posted by rapitts:

If you haven't yet sent in your ACS assessment application, then I hope you are aware that the ACS recently published new guidelines on the level of IT experience needed for a positive assessment.

Adelaide are quoting 50 weeks for certain subclasses. Not sure how this estimation will be affected by the imminent transfer of London applications to Adelaide.

Peter

rapitts Oct 10th 2002 6:55 am

Originally posted by ptlabs:

If you haven't yet sent in your ACS assessment application, then I hope you are aware that the ACS recently published new guidelines on the level of IT experience needed for a positive assessment.

Adelaide are quoting 50 weeks for certain subclasses. Not sure how this estimation will be affected by the imminent transfer of London applications to Adelaide.

Peter

yeah, I was lucky. Already had a case number so I only need 4 years instead of 6, however I've got 12 years experience anyways.

Hopefully the new assessment guidelines will halt the flooding of IT people into Australia as this is a global problem at the moment. Half of all IT people should'nt be in IT jobs from my experience since they havent got the skill/mind for the job.