Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Far North Coast NSW vs Queensland

Far North Coast NSW vs Queensland

Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

AnnieE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Far North Coast NSW vs Queensland

Husband just been offered job in Tweed Heads so we could live in Queensland or NSW. I know there are differences between the 2 states in terms of tax, daylight saving etc. When we visited last year people seem to have a definite opinion which side of the border was best to live on but can't remember what they said! Anyone have any views?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:01 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Far North Coast NSW vs Queensland

Hi Anne, from what i remember you could drink yourself silly on the NSW side Tweed Heads and when theyre closing walk across the road to Qld, Coolangatta and get another hours worth of drink in, theyre both great towns from what i remember, i sure others with a more recent trip to either will let you know.
pssst ! I prefer Tweed Heads ! dont tell anyone

Chris
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:04 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

I don't know about living there, but have visited and it's gorgeous. It was a few years ago though so not sure how much has changed. The daylight savings things isn't so bad really, you could celebrate new years eve twice with QLD being just down the road

I'm not really answering your Q with my reply, but thought I'd reply regardless
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:32 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

The only difference's are the one's you have mentioned...except for "state of origin"....you will then be either a cane toad or a cockroach....
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Either way, it's a beautiful part of the country. Coolie is nicer than Tweed but there are so many fab areas around the two. You'll just need to drive around a lot and decide what you want. I'm not aware of any differences around the border (it's just a bit of an inconvenience occasionally). I agree with Trigger. It comes down to whether you want to be a toad or a cockie