Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fantasticfurniture...anyone used them?

Fantasticfurniture...anyone used them?

Old Nov 8th 2010, 1:21 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasticfurniture...anyone used them?

My sister in law recommended I take a look at this website as we're not shipping any furniture whatsoever and so we'll need to start from scratch when we arrive. Looks awesome! Clearly it's not going to be the best quality furniture but kitting out a flat with the basics for $1999 looks like a good deal to start with anyway and we can upgrade as we settle in.

Anyone got any experience of this company?

Also, anyone know of an equivalent for kitchen appliences/utensils etc? I know Ikea do bundles of kitchen stuff etc but I'm thinking microwave/toaster/saucepans etc.

thanks!

Tx
Old Nov 8th 2010, 1:24 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fantasticfurniture...anyone used them?

Fantastic Furniture - cheap but more than acceptable I think, even the bedding.

For other stuff, K Mart maybe?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 2:16 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Kmart, Target and Ikea are all on the list. Was hoping to find somewhere nice and easy that will bundle it all together for me in one go!

Good to know about FF, seems far simpler than faffing about with different shops...

Tx
Old Nov 8th 2010, 2:58 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you pack a basic tool kit to take with you
Old Nov 8th 2010, 5:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

And Just make sure you ask the Store wether the delivery guys will take stuff up stairs, my niece was asked to pay extra to get a sofa up stairs she refused ,,as this was not mentioned when she ordered the couch.
They dumped it in her carport, and me and my mate had to go around that night and carry it up for her........Need less to say she will not buy any thing from FT furn.....again.........MM
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:07 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Don't have any experience of their furniture packs in particular, but we've had some kids pc desks (flatpack) and a bed settee from there. The bed settee was very good value for the price, had to be ordered in but arrived much quicker than they quoted, the desks were around MFI quality for flatpack, rather than Ikea standard. Admittedly, they were much cheaper than either
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

We also came with nothing but our suitcases. Got all our furniture from Fantastic and all electrical goods from The Good Guys who also do a good deal if you are buying tv, fridge/freezer, washer, kettle, toaster etc together.

Plates, knives, forks, bedding etc we got from Sam's Warehouse. 2 years on and the furniture is still okay which is suprising with 2 boys and 2 dogs!!

Both Fantasic and Good Guys delivered the next day although we had to chose a different sofa to get that service.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:25 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
My sister in law recommended I take a look at this website as we're not shipping any furniture whatsoever and so we'll need to start from scratch when we arrive. Looks awesome! Clearly it's not going to be the best quality furniture but kitting out a flat with the basics for $1999 looks like a good deal to start with anyway and we can upgrade as we settle in.

Also, anyone know of an equivalent for kitchen appliences/utensils etc? I know Ikea do bundles of kitchen stuff etc but I'm thinking microwave/toaster/saucepans etc.

thanks!

Tx
Where are you moving to?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

FF are cheap but as long as you know not to expect the stuff to last then thats ok. Ditto the stairs- be very specific with the deliverers as they often won't take furniture up stairs unless requested beforehand.

For cheap appliances I'd check out The Good Guys as well- they also sell cooking gear (had cheap frypans last time I looked) and have an online catalogue http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/castle...Catalogue_Main

Happy moving!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We only came with suitacases as well. Didnt use Fantastic - wife was too fussy But did use good guys who were very good and a good tip is that Ikea do a home starter kit which we got. Fantastic with all the essential kitchen stuff you need such as pans, knives vegtable peeler - even a garlic press and of other stuff.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap shit! You get what you pay for.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
They dont call it fantastic plastic for nothing!!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:59 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Some friends of ours bought a childs bedroom set from Freedom, paid around $3000 and had to send the bed back twice due to it being scratched, dinted, so yeah you do get what you pay for, but more expensive is not always the best quality !!!!

By the way. I would definately say the quality is nowhere near as good as Ikea...
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

When are you coming? There are really good sales around June/July (end of financial year) and after Christmas. We got some good quality furniture seriously discounted by looking at the right time. If you're coming to Sydney I would also recommend the furniture shops down Parramatta Road. We went looking for cars but needed a couple of cheap sofas and bits and bobs, we got a good deal by buying more than one piece and they delivered that night. Remember everyone haggles here. It's very un-English but saves you a fortune
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
By the way. I would definately say the quality is nowhere near as good as Ikea...
But the prices often are

I was in there earlier today having a nosey around. Some good stuff amongst the 'normal' stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.