Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fantastic present

fantastic present

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:51 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fantastic present

There was a package awaiting at the new house tonight from a friend in Sydney.... a spider friendly spider catcher! Its great, its a long stick with a brush thing on the end that opens and closes around the spider (or other nasty) so you can carry it outside and therefore avoid sqashmarks on clean cream walls - it even comes with a plastic spider to practice with!
Have used it on two small ones and it works, hurray!!!
It was becoming impractical to stay out of any room containing a spider so problem solved.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

I've got used to the spiders, ants & bugs everywhere. I've even got used to the possums in the roof and rino beetles in the pool. Watching the occassional snake slither past in the garden or on the roof are bareable. But when i saw a snake on the hall stand--that was NOT acceptable.
Didnt have time to measure (approx 3-4ft) or identify it as i was running for the video whilst yelling at the kids to stand clear. Mike finally encouraged it outside with an umbrella & I got some good video coverage to send to england !!

wendy
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:35 am
Account Closed

AAAaaaaarrrrgh:scared: :scared:

Am quite ok with snakes in the garden but not in the house. There I was just coming to terms with my spider phobia and you give me a new one!!!!
Where are you that the snakes are so cheeky?

(mental note: must buy umbrella, just in case)
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
I've got used to the spiders, ants & bugs everywhere. I've even got used to the possums in the roof and rino beetles in the pool. Watching the occassional snake slither past in the garden or on the roof are bareable. But when i saw a snake on the hall stand--that was NOT acceptable.
Didnt have time to measure (approx 3-4ft) or identify it as i was running for the video whilst yelling at the kids to stand clear. Mike finally encouraged it outside with an umbrella & I got some good video coverage to send to england !!

wendy
What part of Brisbane are you in ? I've not seen one here yet

Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:48 am
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MCMERCER ?

Hi,
SPIDERS :scared:

Just wondered mcmercer now you are getting on at wellington point as i was looking in that area?

Have you got family? i have 2 boys 7 & 10 months.

can you tell me abit about the area if you dont mind?

thanks katherine
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Katherine,
Loads of people seem to be looking at Wellington Point at the moment, I've had several pm's and e-mails this week since putting it as my location!(dont know if that'll be a plus or minus for you )
Anyway, I'll send you a pm,
Michaela
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

I forgot to mention the frogs in the toilet and cane toads on the patio !
We are in Samford- beautiful area with nice mountain views and friendly village atmostphere. Unfortunately we have to put up with all the wildlife too.
wendy