FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland

Wikiposts

FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland

Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

MaryMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Last one
MaryMc
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-local1.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Whangaparaoa peninsula
MaryMc
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-peninsula.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I'll get attacked for saying this What about JOBS. Why emigrate for scenery.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Nah, I'll not attack you Dotty
Just was a post about scenery that's all. I wasn't saying come here for the scenery. If that was all we had in NZ, I wouldn't have stayed for 13 years.
Just for folks enjoyment is all.

MaryMc
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
I don't think anyone is emigrating for jobs, so why not scenery? It's not a career move, thought we'd established that.

Personally I'd say that scenery/surroundings are a big part of it, more important than career, but we're not driven by money.

Anyway, to balance the thread a little here's a picture of some jobs!
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-dscf0423.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

grahamclan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll get attacked for saying this What about JOBS.
Unemployment is lower in NZ than it is in Australia, so what is your point?
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
I don't think anyone is emigrating for jobs, so why not scenery? It's not a career move, thought we'd established that.

Personally I'd say that scenery/surroundings are a big part of it, more important than career, but we're not driven by money.

Anyway, to balance the thread a little here's a picture of some jobs!
Gra. I think I might have what it takes! What's the job bottom right?
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:13 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its the lifestyle

Your right its not the work but that the kiwi way work over in the UK is your life. In NZ you work to live.

We went to see if was for us and I would say that we were not sure if it was for us but as there was not one deciding factor.

We did say that being in our early 30's how would we like to live the rest of our lives back in England with that scenery and lack of space or in NZ with the beauty comming at you everyday - our minds by that time was quietly made up.

We are going to emmigrate to NZ we have decided to by a property in Tauranga, BOP as it was here we felt more at home.

Projected departure date is 7-1-04 Cant wait

Heres another Pic - Tauranga Harbour Channel

I will post some more
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-tauranga-harbour-channel.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:17 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

Default More Pics

By request heres more

The Tauranga bay area from the Mount
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-bay-plenty.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:29 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

Default More Pics

Hey you starting to notice the lack of people around.

We came back to the UK on a Sunday and on way home from Heathrow at 9 am in the services outside Bristol the que for shops and food was a real wake up call. I think the words cattkle market, shit service and food was the conversation. so negitive and stressful we were not glad to return to this overcrowed Island. The return was like a bucket of ice cold water over your head on a hot day, but sadly not refreshing, just a wake up call.

Tauranga Down Town
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-down-town-tauranga.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:33 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

Default This was the view that made up our minds

The fantastic beach that just goes on and on The Mount Maunganui beach - Mind blowing
Attached Thumbnails FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland-beach-mount-goes-.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:47 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

Default Re: FANTASIC NZ - see for yourself pics of Taurangaand Auckland

Originally posted by ACE
Thank You for sharing those great snaps! More please

We have been planning to move to Perth for over three years but this forum has really thrown a spanner in the works, Perth seems less appealing and I am really giving NZ some serious thought it looks simply glorious and as though it could offer the kind of life we are looking for.

Could you please tell me what the winter temps were like and how much did it rain.
Many Thanks
ACE
When we left sunny england it had been grey for over a fortnight and we had a lot of rain. We arrived in Auckland 27/7 and they had not had any rain for weeks but when we arrive it was raining light show that cleared up when we arrive down town.

Aucklanders say it rains and then it shines its not the constant grey were used to all year round, and we noticed that most of the rain was at night, heavy enough to wake you suffice to say we saw rain once more during our stay there (5 days) it was heavy and at night 8pm. the next morning it ws bright sunshine.

We did not feel the chill of winter until we got to Tauranga in the morning because there was not heating in our appartment it was get dressed quick job not uncomfortably some would call it refreshing.

We had an afternoon of drizzel while we were there (8 days) and that was it. the rest of the time was clear as you can see from the snaps.

If that there winter, Cant wait to see there summer.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:06 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by monkeyman
Thanks for the info MM and the stunning pictures. Did you venture to the Whangarei Northland areas? hubbys job if it comes off will be up that way.

Many Thanks
ACE
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:06 am
NZ bound Jan 04

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ACE
Originally posted by monkeyman
Thanks for the info MM and the stunning pictures. Did you venture to the Whangarei Northland areas? hubbys job if it comes off will be up that way.

Many Thanks
ACE

No we didnt, we only had 2 wks not enouth time.

Thanks for complimants on pics

Steve
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

What a silly question. You know we're all emigrating for the beaches - at least that's what you keep telling us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.