Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

family tax benefit

family tax benefit

Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice
Default family tax benefit

Is Family Tax Benefit A & B, the same as child benefit? or do i need to claim child benefit separately?
thanks for any advice
Rach x
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:21 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: family tax benefit

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Is Family Tax Benefit A & B, the same as child benefit? or do i need to claim child benefit separately?
thanks for any advice
Rach x
Not sure I'm able to answer this right as we have only once qualified for child benefit when we first got here, however, we earn over $100,000 between us and have never qualified since, it's got something to do with what you and your partner earn over the year. It's mean tested so you may not get anything if your are earning good money. Unless you know how much you will earn in the year it's best to wait until tax time, then it's calculated and sent to you by the tax office. Otherwise if you underestimate you have to pay the tax office the money back.

Sorry that I can't help you much
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:37 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family tax benefit

thanks for any advice
Rach x

You can get Part B if there is only one income earner. When you fill in the form they contact you and ask a few questions. They took photocopies of our documents. We took our rental agreement and because we have only one income we get rent assistance as well. That's not it all but it might get you started.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:51 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: family tax benefit

thanks for any advice
Rach x

Child benefits includes Maternity Payment, Parenting Payment and FTB Part A.