Reload this Page >

Family Quota NZ 14000 Applicants what chance have I got

Family Quota NZ 14000 Applicants what chance have I got

Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

alilandeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Quota NZ 14000 Applicants what chance have I got

Hi Everyone

Just heard from my father-in-law that the NZ family quota lottory will be drawn Sat 3rd May. This year they has 14,000.00 applicants and only 250 places!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gives us a 1 in 56 chance of getting selected should know either way within 1 month. Its make or break time for that particular route. I have everything crossed.

Good luck to anyone else on this forum who is in it. Have just booked a fact finding trip to NZ for this August hopefully to buy a house or apartment in the city (auckland). Would be so sweet to have been selected in lottory, but my luck is not that good

ali
heres hoping and praying
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Quota NZ 14000 Applicants what chance have I got

Originally posted by alilandeg
Hi Everyone

Just heard from my father-in-law that the NZ family quota lottory will be drawn Sat 3rd May. This year they has 14,000.00 applicants and only 250 places!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gives us a 1 in 56 chance of getting selected should know either way within 1 month. Its make or break time for that particular route. I have everything crossed.

Good luck to anyone else on this forum who is in it. Have just booked a fact finding trip to NZ for this August hopefully to buy a house or apartment in the city (auckland). Would be so sweet to have been selected in lottory, but my luck is not that good

ali
heres hoping and praying
Oh dear! Hope I didn't build your hopes up earlier. I guess more people have heard about it this year.
Looks like 'plan B' will spring into action!
Still, worth a go for $100,

Good luck...Gra
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

N.Finn Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Luck

Good luck, let me know if your application is drawn out. Have you thought about purchasing a franchise in Auckland as another possible idea?
Old May 1st 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Gra.B
Oh dear! Hope I didn't build your hopes up earlier. I guess more people have heard about it this year.
Looks like 'plan B' will spring into action!
Still, worth a go for $100,

Good luck...Gra

No don`t worry you did built my hopes up had a feeling that the applications would be high. Good luck to you and your family also. Keep me posted to your outcome. Is plan B for you a trip out there to see if you can get a job offer via the family option?

Ali
Old May 1st 2003, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Good Luck

Originally posted by N.Finn Fan
Good luck, let me know if your application is drawn out. Have you thought about purchasing a franchise in Auckland as another possible idea?

Thanks. Tell me about the franchise option, do you have any info on it. Do you have to buy a franchise that you already have experience in or can you pick any business?

Ali
Old May 1st 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by alilandeg
No don`t worry you did built my hopes up had a feeling that the applications would be high. Good luck to you and your family also. Keep me posted to your outcome. Is plan B for you a trip out there to see if you can get a job offer via the family option?

Ali
Yes, I think it's possible (in both our situations) to apply before having the offer & get an approval in principle. Once you have that it's not so likely to put employers off so much. Under points scheme they have to prove that there were no suitable native applicants, think it's quite off putting for them.
I'll have to look at it again properly, I may have some details wrong, but we're still confident to be there by Xmas!

As for the franchise, I think he's talking about the 'long term business visa'. You don't need experience of that particular business, but you need to prove you have good business experience i.e you have run a successful business here in the uk.
We've run a business here, (although not too successfully!) but it appears far more complicated than going through the family route.

Anyway, good luck again,

Gra...
Old May 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

N.Finn Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

A franchise is an outlet or chain of a larger company that is looking to expand, promote product awareness and facilitate good public relations. This generally feeds their ego, with the public. For example this is very popular with the subway food group in America. The crucial issue I think is that it is designed for people who are not business people, no previous experience is required and the franchise option is often used by people who are looking to start a business. However this way round they have the assurance, because it is the mother company that has to make the effot, also it is an established product.

However this is the key difference between setting up your own business and purchasing a franchise:

No previous experience, minimal training required.
Moderate investment capital, you don't have to be a millionaire.
The mother company will provide and complete:

All the administrative work.

Obviously provide the product, the brand name.

Provide the infrastructure:

The premisies

Promotional material

The training

Most franchise are:

Coffee bars, salad bars, general food outlets. However you are not simply doing fry ups, but selling their product.

However if you have a specific skill, such as carpentry, then your options will be more varied.

Many people looking to immigrate purchase a franchise because obviously you can contribute to the economy, however it is not normally considered part of the business category, as far as I am aware, but many people use it as as a points booster.

There are numerous franchise guides on the net, originally they were an American invention, but have spread everywhere even North Shore!!

It is not normally limited to food, but predominantly they are. In a nutshell it's setting up a business, but without the risks and with out having milions. Unfortunately I do not have any specific site information, but there is scores of them out there.

Hope that helps, keep posting. You'll get in eventually, Mrs Clark needs you. She is single at the moment, how about a spouse visa from the prime minister!!!!!?
Old May 1st 2003, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by N.Finn Fan
A franchise is an outlet or chain of a larger company that is...
think when asking about franchises she meant regarding visas etc...

(good description though!)