Reload this Page >

Family members emigrating

Family members emigrating

Old Jan 29th 2003, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

choombi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Family members emigrating

Hi guys,

Has anyone else found, that since you have taken the BIG step to emigrate, other members of the family have also reasessed there lives and doing exactly what you were terrifed of telling them???? Father-in-law and 2nd wife moving to Spain, uncle-inlaw! moving to Cyprus.

Sam (Choombis wife)
Old Jan 29th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family members emigrating

Yeah, I think both sets of parents have evaluated their life and decided no way could they live or visit us all that distance away...

I haven't told anyone else, 'cept my friend who's just left her hubby so won't be going anywhere for a while.

Mash...
Originally posted by choombi
Hi guys,

Has anyone else found, that since you have taken the BIG step to emigrate, other members of the family have also reasessed there lives and doing exactly what you were terrifed of telling them???? Father-in-law and 2nd wife moving to Spain, uncle-inlaw! moving to Cyprus.

Sam (Choombis wife)
Old Jan 29th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family members emigrating

We made a collective decision to move together. That is: my sis and hubbie (already now in Perth) and mum and me and hubbie and son all waiting for our PR. It's best if you can take them all with you (unless you are trying to get away from them that is!)

Originally posted by choombi
Hi guys,

Sam (Choombis wife)
Old Jan 29th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Funny that isn't it. No-one in the family has ever mentioned moving away from blighty before we dropped our little bombshell, now the parents in law have just bought a pad in France (with pool) and my sister is in the process of buying an apartment in Spain. Just our luck - could have had cheap holidays, why didn't they do it sooner. Typical!!

Loopy
Old Jan 29th 2003, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

My sister-in-law is plotting to join us in Oz. She is also thinking of ways to persuade our Father to move out as well. Unfortunately she doesn't realise how hard it is to get a visa, but at the moment I go with the flow.
My Mum will be devastated when we confirm we are going, I would love her to join us, but until the new retirement visa comes out there isn't much hope.