Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:02 pm
  #61  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there


Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:27 pm
  #62  
BE Forum Addict
 
camacazi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine coast
Posts: 1,327
camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there


Paddy
morning!

kids settled really quickly in school, only about 5 min walk away! everyone really nice & friendly.
i'llhave a look for the school web site.
camacazi is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:34 pm
  #63  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by camacazi View Post
morning!

kids settled really quickly in school, only about 5 min walk away! everyone really nice & friendly.
i'llhave a look for the school web site.
Hey Caroline

No need i checked out the website already. Just sounds like you guys are in a great area. We liked the look of belle vista. But after hearing you guys going on about little mountain i think it would be great to be near you's and have some people that we know around us. Even though we have never actually met

But it seems like you guys get on great and the kids have made friends quick which is great.

Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:47 pm
  #64  
BE Forum Addict
 
camacazi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine coast
Posts: 1,327
camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Hey Caroline

No need i checked out the website already. Just sounds like you guys are in a great area. We liked the look of belle vista. But after hearing you guys going on about little mountain i think it would be great to be near you's and have some people that we know around us. Even though we have never actually met

But it seems like you guys get on great and the kids have made friends quick which is great.

Paddy
yeah, everyone gets on great here, get those tickets booked!!

we were going to go to bellvista as well, actually got approved for a rental there but turned it down because there was no aircon, so glad we did...then we found here. often wonder would we have been as happy if we went to bellvista.
camacazi is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:50 pm
  #65  
Make it happen!!!!
 
BethandAndrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Posts: 3,008
BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
Hi Beth,

Sounds fab!, were hoping to come out Aug/Sep, me, hubby & 3 kids, so would be great to meet everyone....

take care
Angie x
Hi Angie......look forward to meeting you hun The children will be friends within 5 minutes of meeting each other LOL.

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there


Paddy
WOO HOO PADDY!!!! Not long to go then!!! Bellvista is a bus ride away for the kids to attend Meridan school. Creekwood is a few minutes walk with us crazy lot
My girls had A's & B's on their first school report here, so have settled in very well
Looks like I'll have to have a huge birthday cake hee hee
PM me if you have facebook, you can see all our photos then
We're all ready and waiting to meet you guys with open arms, you'll be just fine here


Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Hey Caroline

No need i checked out the website already. Just sounds like you guys are in a great area. We liked the look of belle vista. But after hearing you guys going on about little mountain i think it would be great to be near you's and have some people that we know around us. Even though we have never actually met

But it seems like you guys get on great and the kids have made friends quick which is great.

Paddy
BOOK YOUR BLOODY FLIGHTS!!!!!

Beth x x
BethandAndrew is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:51 pm
  #66  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by camacazi View Post
yeah, everyone gets on great here, get those tickets booked!!

we were going to go to bellvista as well, actually got approved for a rental there but turned it down because there was no aircon, so glad we did...then we found here. often wonder would we have been as happy if we went to bellvista.
We liked the look of bellvista but now we have heard of how well you guys are getting on and how the much the kids love it. We will have to rethink. Also i was sold once i heard you have curry nights

Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:58 pm
  #67  
Make it happen!!!!
 
BethandAndrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Posts: 3,008
BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
We liked the look of bellvista but now we have heard of how well you guys are getting on and how the much the kids love it. We will have to rethink. Also i was sold once i heard you have curry nights

Paddy
AAaaaahhhhh the famous curry night!!!!
Dead easy.......the person whose house the meal is in decides the type of meal everyone cooks.
Say my house is a curry night then, each family brings something to eat, like someone brings chips & naan breads, another brings onion rings & pop for the kids, another rice & popadums, another a chicken curry, and then I would have cooked yet another curry.
There is always way too much food on the table LOL but always have a great night
All food is cooked before it's brought to my house, so we can eat when everyones gets here
At the moment there are 10 adults & 14 children.........looks like we'll be expanding fast!!!
Beth x x
BethandAndrew is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:02 am
  #68  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew View Post
AAaaaahhhhh the famous curry night!!!!
Dead easy.......the person whose house the meal is in decides the type of meal everyone cooks.
Say my house is a curry night then, each family brings something to eat, like someone brings chips & naan breads, another brings onion rings & pop for the kids, another rice & popadums, another a chicken curry, and then I would have cooked yet another curry.
There is always way too much food on the table LOL but always have a great night
All food is cooked before it's brought to my house, so we can eat when everyones gets here
At the moment there are 10 adults & 14 children.........looks like we'll be expanding fast!!!
Beth x x
That's it i am SOLD

Be there in 24 days

Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:04 am
  #69  
Make it happen!!!!
 
BethandAndrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Posts: 3,008
BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
That's it i am SOLD

Be there in 24 days

Paddy
WOO-FRIGGING-HOO!!!!!!!! You won't regret it mate. See you soon then (remember my birthday prezzy LOL)
Beth x x
BethandAndrew is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:09 am
  #70  
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)
 
Baby75's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: sunshine coast, now back home in Ireland :)
Posts: 1,861
Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Right thats it.

We were going to go to bellvista but after reading about how much fun you guys are having in Little Mountain i think we will head there instead. Seems like if we go there that we will have a ready made social life and plenty of friends for the kids.

We were planing on going on the 14th of July but once i heard that is Beth's birthday i think we will leave on the 30th of June just to make sure we are there in time for the party

If you guys could give me some info on the school and how long it takes to walk to it would be great and also how your kids are getting on in the school would be great.

It sounds like you guys have a great little click going on and hope that you will let us join when we get there


Paddy
Hi Paddy I lived there and loved it, there is a bus for the school ( I used to see it every morning when I was bringing mine to Maroochydore) as far as I know. or you can get the 603 in to the interchange in Caloundra and go from there as there are loads of school in that area. Im sure some one else knows for sure you wouldn't walk from bellvista to the primary school in the heat any way you'd be dead on your feet LOL you would cycle though we used to cycle to the IGA shop in the evening there is a short cut easy to find

http://www.google.ie/search?q=primar...L_enAU290AU290
Baby75 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:23 am
  #71  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew View Post
WOO-FRIGGING-HOO!!!!!!!! You won't regret it mate. See you soon then (remember my birthday prezzy LOL)
Beth x x


Your prezzy might have to go into the container as it will be to big to take on the plane

Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:49 am
  #72  
Make it happen!!!!
 
BethandAndrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Little Mountain, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Posts: 3,008
BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post


Your prezzy might have to go into the container as it will be to big to take on the plane

Paddy
ROTFPMSL
BethandAndrew is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:42 pm
  #73  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 80
nixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nice
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
Hi Paddy I lived there and loved it, there is a bus for the school ( I used to see it every morning when I was bringing mine to Maroochydore) as far as I know. or you can get the 603 in to the interchange in Caloundra and go from there as there are loads of school in that area. Im sure some one else knows for sure you wouldn't walk from bellvista to the primary school in the heat any way you'd be dead on your feet LOL you would cycle though we used to cycle to the IGA shop in the evening there is a short cut easy to find

http://www.google.ie/search?q=primar...L_enAU290AU290
Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly!
nixster is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:58 pm
  #74  
BE Enthusiast
 
fairwayskid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 869
fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by nixster View Post
Hi all been reading your thread and really want to live in caloundra now! lol were hoping to be coming over next March and i was looking into the redcliffe area, but am worried my two older kids at 11 and 12 ( 13 and 12 when we come over) would be too quiet for them? any thoughts? Caloundra looks like theres more to do for them. my little one will be 2 and a half by then. Any good schools that u reccomend? would be great to join u you all sound so friendly!
Hey Nixster

I will warn all the spiders that you are coming


Paddy
fairwayskid is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:01 pm
  #75  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 80
nixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nicenixster is just really nice
Default Re: Family heading for Caloundra Aug/Sep

Originally Posted by fairwayskid View Post
Hey Nixster

I will warn all the spiders that you are coming


Paddy
hey that would be great!!!! darn good of you! lol
nixster is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.