Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family Friendly Sydney?

Family Friendly Sydney?

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

RandC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Friendly Sydney?

My job in London wants to send me to Sydney. Where is a nice area to live for a family with young kids (4 and 1.5). I was thinking of rents of ~$1k per week. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of
Default Re: Family Friendly Sydney?

Hi there

You really need to be more specific in what you want and how close to cbd or beaches (or other amenities) you'd like to be.

For a start check out the rentals on a site like realestate.com.au
Best of luck
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:20 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Friendly Sydney?

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hi there

You really need to be more specific in what you want and how close to cbd or beaches (or other amenities) you'd like to be.

For a start check out the rentals on a site like realestate.com.au
Best of luck
Jacque is right, this city and its metropolitan areas is huge!!

Have a think about a few things, I would suggest:
1. Type of suburb (Beach, Harbour, Hills, Inner City, outer suburbia)
2. Demographics (e.g. what social structure and ethnic community)
3. School requirements (Public/Catholic/Private)
4. Hobbies (some outdoor activities may affect your choice of suburb)
5. Commute (How LONG, as in time, not Far are you willing to commute, public transport is generally cheap here but not all suburbs are served)
6. Length of stay (can affect your rental options)
7. Home requirements (House, Apartment, No. of bedrooms etc)

Don't be afraid to be honest, especially with regard to the ethnic make up. Its human nature to want to settle with your ilk and thats how most communities work anyway. There are suburbs here which do tend to lean towards one ethnicity more than others, so whatever yours is or your national heritage you should find one that suits you. Well, apart from the Welsh!!