Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family friendly places to go for New years eve in Bayside?!

Family friendly places to go for New years eve in Bayside?!

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family friendly places to go for New years eve in Bayside?!

Hi everyone
I just been in touch with the Grandview hotel in Cleveland who are doing a seafood buffet at $90 each but as we have two kids with us (well teenagers 12 and 14 so not exactly of the screaming variety-not in public anyway lol)-we have to be out by 10pm! It does get a bit drunk and disorderly in there so fair enough, Its not the right place to have kids late at night, but surely there must be somewhere around here for the normal average family to see out new years? We only want a nice dinner, to get decently merry, see some fireworks and do it as a family rather than leaving the kids (young women actually!) at home. Any suggestions? Its funny how we all get sucked into thinking its more kid friendly here when to be honest thats not strictly true when it comes to going out at night.
Thanks in advance for anyone that answers
Happy christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Family friendly places to go for New years eve in Bayside?!

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi everyone
I just been in touch with the Grandview hotel in Cleveland who are doing a seafood buffet at $90 each but as we have two kids with us (well teenagers 12 and 14 so not exactly of the screaming variety-not in public anyway lol)-we have to be out by 10pm! It does get a bit drunk and disorderly in there so fair enough, Its not the right place to have kids late at night, but surely there must be somewhere around here for the normal average family to see out new years? We only want a nice dinner, to get decently merry, see some fireworks and do it as a family rather than leaving the kids (young women actually!) at home. Any suggestions? Its funny how we all get sucked into thinking its more kid friendly here when to be honest thats not strictly true when it comes to going out at night.
Thanks in advance for anyone that answers
Happy christmas
Kelly
isn't there a fire work display in the park behind the Grandview Hotel? I'm sure i read something in the local paper.

Try this link:http://redland.yourguide.com.au/deta...al&m=12&y=2006

Have a great xmas and a happy new year, and likewise to everyone else.

Nick
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
Kelly
isn't there a fire work display in the park behind the Grandview Hotel? I'm sure i read something in the local paper.

Try this link:http://redland.yourguide.com.au/deta...al&m=12&y=2006

Have a great xmas and a happy new year, and likewise to everyone else.

Nick
Thanks for that Nick
Thats perfect for us as we live right next to the park! Looks like it will be NYE at home now
Wishing everyone a very merry christmas and new year
Old Dec 24th 2006, 5:28 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Thanks for that Nick
Thats perfect for us as we live right next to the park! Looks like it will be NYE at home now
Wishing everyone a very merry christmas and new year

And the same to you Kelly.

Are things better for you all ?

Gillian
Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
And the same to you Kelly.

Are things better for you all ?

Gillian
Hi Gillian
We are hanging in there, and I'm hoping things will start to inprove in the next couple of months although its bloody hard. I used to look at oz with a little more rose tinted glasses than I do now, the superficial crap that goes on here if you dont fit and what my poor daughter has gone through has shown me lots! but thats probably healthier so onwards and upwards I say :-) have a goodun in Perth mate. nice to hear from you
Kelly xxx
Old Dec 25th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Its worth driving to Southbank for the evening thats what we did last year -loads going on two firework displays really good atmosphere - lots of families out together

What ever you do have a good one
Mary
Old Dec 27th 2006, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marysidey
Its worth driving to Southbank for the evening thats what we did last year -loads going on two firework displays really good atmosphere - lots of families out together

What ever you do have a good one
Mary
Hi Mary
We are going to do just that! Will spend most of the day and early evening at Southbank then get back to Cleveland for about 10pm, have a few glasses of and watch the free fireworks mentioned before. It just so happens I am right next to them so if anybody else is planning on heading to the back of Grandview to watch the fireworks, come on in and have a glass with us! :-)