Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family being separated

Family being separated

Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family being separated

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am quite lucky really as my husband chose every house I have ever lived in without me seeing it.
Mine picked a lovely house in Sorrento for us. Only wish we had been able to get it. It was a 4x2 with pool for about the same $$ as we're paying up here. He also picked our house in Adelaide without me seeing it and looked at this one (but didn't sign anything) prior to me coming out here.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time
Don't worry he isn't making any decisions like that ha ha! He's just looking. The company are providing accommodation for the first six weeks so he's got somewhere to live. Just want him to tour the suburbs and choose a few favorites so it makes it easier when we arrive.
Accommodation for 6 weeks is pretty good, you should have ample time to find somewhere to rent. Also if your husband has narrowed down suburbs it should make it a bit easier
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am quite lucky really as my husband chose every house I have ever lived in without me seeing it.
My husband would not have managed that, he was never really bothered where he lived as long as it was with us. He is changing a bit now as he works from home more and appreciates more his surroundings.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Cant rain all the time is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand8002
My husband would not have managed that, he was never really bothered where he lived as long as it was with us. He is changing a bit now as he works from home more and appreciates more his surroundings.
I think my husband would probably do a good job of finding a property. He is quite fussy and likes things just so. Like I said it will be helpful just to narrow down a few areas. The company said they would give us advice on where to live and good schools ect. The temp accommodation is in Flinders Park. The company wanted Darran close to the office initially so he didn't get lost. Any one had any experience of this area?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Cant rain all the time is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone in or know Flinders Park ?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:17 am
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if any one else had had to make the decision to split up the family for a while. Partner is due to go to Adelaide next week and our four year old daughter and myself will follow mid-end Feb. I need to remain in the U.K. to tie up loose ends etc. Only been apart for three days in thirteen years. Hope things will be o.k
hello

try not to worry about things like this, if you stand back abit and look at the whole picture its a small amount of time to make a great move in your lfe.
and as others have said it will only make things easier for your and ur little one to have some thing sorted when you get there.
im not sure what we are doing yet, but if our house isnt sold by march/april i think i will be staying behind to sort that out and paul will be heading for oz first.
it used to really bother me because the whole moving to oz thing was my dream originally and i dint like the though of us arriving seperately, but the more i think about it the more i think it will be a good idea.

im just not looking forward to the prospect of such a long flight with 3 kids 6yrs and under !
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:08 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Been in Tassie for almost 3.5 months now. Been hard but now got the kids here. Wifey jusy has to sell the house and were done. Best of luck to you.