Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all
Default Re: Family BBQ/Picnic Brisbane Sat 21st March New Farm Park

Hi Nick and i would love to come, re arrived in oct 08, we now live in The Gap.
Please add us

Nick Suzy Samuel 8 and Oliver 3

Many thanks xx
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

coldbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joh117
I know it is early but to give everyone a chance to get the date in the diary after much success at the last family BBQ (linked to the Mummys Meet South Brisbane) and not managing one before Xmas here is one for 2009. We are leaving it until 21st March in the hope it will cool down.

Meeting in New Farm Park in the centre on the grassy area under the tree as last time (as you enter the park facing the grassy area to the left hand side of the park).

Time 11:30 onwards

Everyone welcome hope to see you there
Hello, we are a family of four, Jason, Elin, Ruben (7) & Ella (4), living in Margate. We arrived nearly 3 weeks ago, and would love to join you all for a picnic in New Farm Park. Great idea! See you there!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:22 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Update of attendees

Jo, Shami + 2 kids
Stella, Torien + 3 kids
Terri, Darren + 1
Karen, Andrew + 2 kids
Nadia, Duncan + 2 kids
Louise, Mark +1
Kerry, Miki + 2 kids
Michelle, Dean
Lorraine, Lawrence +1
Chrissie, Dave + 1
Lianne, Paul + 2 kids
Jason, Elin + 2 kids
Nick, Suzy + 2 kids
David Louise plus parents + 2 kids
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:27 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Bump

Just bumping this up as its not too far away now

Anymore wanting to join us

Jo
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
unfortunately I realise we won't make the picnic as we are off to straddie for that weekend but will keep a look out for the next one
Sorry have fun and hello and welcome to the new folk
Nikki
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hiya i was just wondering if most people are still up for going. Cheers Suzy x
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:32 am
Pass The Post

I have not heard otherwise. The last one we held about half showed up that said they were going.

I might know more after the mothers meet on friday there are a few of us there so can check if they are still up for it

Jo
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:35 am
Pass The Post

Hi all

Just to bump this up in case anyone else wants to come and join us. We may be a little late as we have an appointment at 11am now (cant get out of it) but are going to head straight there after that.

So same place as last time to those who came before and for the newbies as you arrive into New Farm Park facing the green grass in the centre to the far left hand side there is a big tree providing shade near to some rose garden beds. We will be setting up camp there and then wandering over to a BBQ as and when we need to.

Bring along some toys for the older kids. Ball cricket set etc...

See you there

Jo
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:23 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Dont forget to vote before you go!

...sorry I wont be able to make it - I'm on call on Saturday
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Can you put our names down Nicola, Martin & Kate

is there plenty of carparking at the park and how we will know which crowd to head for.

ta
nicola
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

We are still going but won't be there until about 12.30 as have 2 birthday parties to attend first.

I think it maybe a bit of a guessing game to find the group as from the sounds of it, the ones who do know each other are all arriving slightly later than 11.30am!! But I'm sure we will all meet up eventually with all the british accents!!!

lianne
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:15 am
Pass The Post

Nicola

There is plenty of car parking you can park all the way around the edge of the park so you will get something.

See you there. Like Lianne said it will be a case of listening out for the british accents. If anyone wants my mobile number PM me and I will message you back.

Cheers

Jo
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

LouAndy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We're house hunting on Saturday but will drop by between places. Look forward to meeting you all.

Lou & Andy
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Did anyone turn up?

we walked around the whole park 3 times and couldnt hear anyone with uk accents. I stupidly didnt get anyone's mobile number not realising that the park was so big and it would be so busy.

went home after an hour with one very grumpy 8 year old.

Never mind, it was a beatiful park and we will probably go there again sometime.

nicola
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:30 am
Pass The Post

Originally Posted by simsy
Did anyone turn up?

we walked around the whole park 3 times and couldnt hear anyone with uk accents. I stupidly didnt get anyone's mobile number not realising that the park was so big and it would be so busy.

went home after an hour with one very grumpy 8 year old.

Never mind, it was a beatiful park and we will probably go there again sometime.

nicola
Yes there were 5 families turned up. We had a nice afternoon in the sun. Sorry we missed you.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.