Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family Assistance Part A or B after tax return?

Family Assistance Part A or B after tax return?

Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Family Assistance Part A or B after tax return?

How long do you have to wait for the Family Assistance payments after getting your tax refund.
We got our tax refunds dropped into our bank accounts (over a month ago) but are still awaiting
the family assistance payment (lump sum).
We grossly over-estimated our income so have got a bit due to us.
Anyone else waiting?
HKA
x
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:56 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Assistance Part A or B after tax return?

Originally Posted by hollykimalan View Post
How long do you have to wait for the Family Assistance payments after getting your tax refund.
We got our tax refunds dropped into our bank accounts (over a month ago) but are still awaiting
the family assistance payment (lump sum).
We grossly over-estimated our income so have got a bit due to us.
Anyone else waiting?
HKA
x
Did you all fill out a tax return?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Yup, Tax return all filled out.
We have already received our actual refunds!
Just waiting for the lump sum from Family Assist. We have phoned and visited the office but they say there is just a delay....and this sometimes happens...
Anyone got theirs yet?
HKA
x
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:06 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Tax return all filled out.
We have already received our actual refunds!
Just waiting for the lump sum from Family Assist. We have phoned and visited the office but they say there is just a delay....and this sometimes happens...
Anyone got theirs yet?
HKA
x
Ah, OK. I know that a couple of my friends have waited longer than normal this year.

I asked because the first year I was here (before I started work) I waited for ages for ours to come through...nobody told me that if you didn't have to fill in a return you had to tell the tax office so they could let Centrelink know to send it out
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours this year 2 weeks after lodging my wife's return (mine was lodged a week earlier than that). However we lodged our returns in July. Last year I think it took a bit longer than that.

Have you checked online if the payment is scheduled?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

We're in the same boat. Tax returns lodged in July (well, declaration of no return needed for me), assessment notice received and refund received also but still no FAB part B. Spoke to family assistance and they told me to lodge a claim online. Did that over a week ago and still nothing. I'll have to chase them up again I guess...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

There is a back log, was speaking to my ex who works at the tax office and they are having to manually do some returns as some program isnt working properly.

Its about time they do some work there.

I got mine before my tax return but that was over a month ago
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz View Post
We're in the same boat. Tax returns lodged in July (well, declaration of no return needed for me), assessment notice received and refund received also but still no FAB part B. Spoke to family assistance and they told me to lodge a claim online. Did that over a week ago and still nothing. I'll have to chase them up again I guess...
Quick update. I checked Centrelink online and our payment is scheduled for tomorrow!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding any supplement or lump sum for FA. I was waiting over a month.
But got told from Aussie's that I needed to ring up as they always have stuff ups.

I had to ring them and while I was on the phone they checked last years income confirmation. So then input into the computer to request details from the tax office. The Tax office had not bothered to send their numbers over so they couldnt pay me.

Once they did this I had the money a few days later. This is supposed to be quite common for tax office not to send your details, so you may need to ring up most years to get them to request it.

Gems
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!
I have a CRN number, where do I get a CAN number?
Might then check online.
Thanks again!
HKA
x
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info!
I have a CRN number, where do I get a CAN number?
Might then check online.
Thanks again!
HKA
x
Your CRN is also your CAN. From memory you need to verify your details the first time you go online and you need to set up password and identification questions and stuff. After that you should be able to check you payments online.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:29 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Mines late too Got to wait 28 days from when I 1st informed them. If I dont receive anything in that time I have to submit some paperwork to centrelink Wouldn't mind but I work all week and the waiting times in centrelink are ridiculous. I have a CAN for online info, where do I look online to see if I have a scheduled payment?