Wikiposts

FAMILY ASSIST

Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough
Default FAMILY ASSIST

Hi,just trying to work out some finances for when we eventually get over to oz,was wondereing does anybody know what we will be entitled to.We have three girls aged 1,3 & 7.Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAMILY ASSIST

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...d-how_much.htm

Basically as a migrant you have to wait 2 years for any assistance except family tax credit and/or child care benefit which will depend on your circumstances financially.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sipi
Hi,just trying to work out some finances for when we eventually get over to oz,was wondereing does anybody know what we will be entitled to.We have three girls aged 1,3 & 7.Any help would be appreciated.
Just to give you and idea, when we arrived last October we were entitled to $290 Tax Benefit A, $125 Tax Benefit B, or $415 per fortnight. It was based on an income assumption of $40,000 from October 07 to July 08, and also my wife not working and having one child under 5 and one aged 9.

We were also entitled to 24 hours child care for my son per week.

If your income is higher or if both of you work, then the amount will decrease.

Hope this helps

Bobby
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info.I am just trying to work out whether we can afford to rent our house out in uk and rent in australia.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.I am just trying to work out whether we can afford to rent our house out in uk and rent in australia.
you may also be entitled to rent assistance
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

The problem you might have is that any assets (including property you own outside Australia) are taken into account before you are entitled to any benefits.

But remember, they will only know what you tell them!

Mikey