Reload this Page >

Family Accomodation in Cairns or Surrounding Area

Family Accomodation in Cairns or Surrounding Area

Old Jun 27th 2005, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Billy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Family Accomodation in Cairns or Surrounding Area

Hi

This is my first posting on the site but I have been an avid reader of all the great help, advice and support that members give to one another.

Question:

I am planning a validation trip to Oz for the last 2 weeks of October and am planning a holiday wrapped round this trip. I would like to stay in and around Cairns and the surrounding area so that I can see that part of the country - like many families who frequent B Expats I am looking for good value self catering family friendly accommodation - can anyone out there give me the benefit of their experience and suggest places to stay that they enjoyed and at what kind of cost?

We will be a family party made up of 2 adults , one child under 3 and possibly a pensioner who would like to see Oz for themselves instead of just listening to us!

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Good luck to all out there who are waiting on decisons and paperwork .......

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Re: Family Accomodation in Cairns or Surrounding Area

There is a great campsite on the main drag of Cairns called Cairns Coconut Resort. You don't have to camp there, they have chalets etc.

www.coconut.com.au

It has a nice pool, crazy golf, big bouncy pillows, play area, T.V room, pool, ping pong, laundry room, bikes, small shop, bbq's, a curtesy bus. Great for kids. I haven't actually stayed there but took our son there and used the facilities.

I will see if I can find the name of it.

Mandy

Last edited by scrawni; Jun 27th 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Accomodation in Cairns or Surrounding Area

Hi Billy,

If you are interested in Port Douglas I would recommend Rydges Reef Resort. They have fabulous apartments with full kitchen & laundry etc & a free kids club to entertain the littlies while you do something relaxing .

Cant help with Cairns itself though.