Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Families in Brisbane

Families in Brisbane

Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice
Smile Families in Brisbane

Anyone here with families in Brisbane?? we have 2 boys ages 9 and 7, hopefully we will be arriving at the end of January, all being well. We have decided on Brisbane as it looks and sounds as though there is more to do and the climate sounds great. We visited Perth earlier in the year and decided against it, we felt there wasnt enough there. We may feel that about Brisbane after a while but are willing to give it a go. We have researched the Bayside areas, Birkdale and surrouding suburbs which all sound good but can anyone give me honest advice, need a good school and activities for them, also things for the grown ups!! thanks
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Families in Brisbane

I'll be watching this as we like Bayside
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I'll be watching this as we like Bayside
Hi, have you been?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulainspain
Hi, have you been?
I've been to Brisbane a few times with work, but never Bayside. We are moving from New Zealand in January (invites for tea will be accepted) and Bayside is one of the area's we have looked at, first choice at the moment Cleveland, but saying all that is will more than likely change next week.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

I've been to Brisbane a few times with work, but never Bayside. We are moving from New Zealand in January (invites for tea will be accepted) and Bayside is one of the area's we have looked at, first choice at the moment Cleveland, but saying all that is will more than likely change next week.
Yes we regulary change our minds, will have to decide upon our arrival, am really looking forward to it. Are you orginally from New Zealand?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes we regulary change our minds, will have to decide upon our arrival, am really looking forward to it. Are you orginally from New Zealand?
No I'm from Liverpool, went out for a paper 3 years ago
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Families in Brisbane

No I'm from Liverpool, went out for a paper 3 years ago
Classic!!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Classic!!!
More than I can say about the football team at the moment
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

More than I can say about the football team at the moment
Yes the owners of our local bar are Liverpool fanatics, although my husband is West Ham supporter and he certainly get some stick. What made you decide to leave NZ
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes the owners of our local bar are Liverpool fanatics, although my husband is West Ham supporter and he certainly get some stick. What made you decide to leave NZ
I've not left yet !
Been here a few years, tried Auckland and now where in Rangiora which is a small town north of Christchurch. Basically it's to slow for me and I'm sick of hearing about the All Blacks
While the kids are still young we thought we'd have a go in Oz, we've made the big move so a jump over there is nowt. If it works it works if it doesn't we'll try another place, you only get one life and I was not staying in the UK for it.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

my husband is West Ham supporter
FA Cup
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

FA Cup
Hubby was there, he said it was great even though they lost, brilliant experience. You're right, life's too short. We decided to leave the UK and come to Spain for a more relaxed pace of life, Simon OH, was working all the hours gods send as you do in the UK and missing out on the family so its been great here for him plus we love the weather, its been an experience for the boys learning another language which will be a shame to lose if we dont find someone who can teach them there, but we need something more, job opportunities are not great here and we still need to work. Also I struggle with the language, Simon can manage to order a beer which is vital for him but no good for job interviews, at least we will be able to communicate with most people we meet in Oz....Well hopefully anyway!!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here with families in Brisbane?? we have 2 boys ages 9 and 7, hopefully we will be arriving at the end of January, all being well. We have decided on Brisbane as it looks and sounds as though there is more to do and the climate sounds great. We visited Perth earlier in the year and decided against it, we felt there wasnt enough there. We may feel that about Brisbane after a while but are willing to give it a go. We have researched the Bayside areas, Birkdale and surrouding suburbs which all sound good but can anyone give me honest advice, need a good school and activities for them, also things for the grown ups!! thanks

Hi we live in Manly West, Bayside and have two kids 8 and 5. Like the feeling that Manly gives ie small village with pub etc. Walks along the esplanade, playparks for the kids and a tiny beach. Good schools, on trainline etc.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Hi we live in Wellington point and i must admit when we first came we stayed in Wakerley, just beside Manly west and i was really settled there, the thought of moving again was a dread, but low and behold 2 month here which i hasten to add is only about 10 mins from Wakerley and have settled right in again. I have 3 kids ages 12, 7 and nearly 3 and one thing i notice in Oz that is different to U.K is that my kids never go out and play like back home, which is good for me as i know what they are up to all the time.
All the best with the move.
Suzanne
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Would you like to give more info on your (anticipated) lifestyle & interests?

There have been plenty of previous posts about Bayside/Redlands before. A search may provide you with answers.

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.