Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Fake Tan or not to Fake Tan?

To Fake Tan or not to Fake Tan?

Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default To Fake Tan or not to Fake Tan?

Yep its that time of the year again, realising that the rellies only being a day away now means I am about to be locked into a tin can for 24 hours with 363 other people I would not usually want to share my air with

Husband is not looking forward to all the Poms who greet us with the usual "GOD YOU ARE SO WHITE", why haven't you got a tan!
Funny thing is we are not that white in OZ, just the normal slip slop slapping aussies! And no I will not be using the fake tan he bought me either

The bag is stuffed full of photos of beaches and dream houses, it seems you must pull these out with every cup of tea offered or cause offence to the dreamin Pom.

Anyway its my last day here for about 5 weeks, unless I crack and end up in a internet cafe! So wishing you all a Safe and Merry Christmas and may you end up where you feel "right at home" in 2004.

Panic countdown begins.................
Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Fake Tan or not to Fake Tan?

Originally posted by dotty
Yep its that time of the year again, realising that the rellies only being a day away now means I am about to be locked into a tin can for 24 hours with 363 other people I would not usually want to share my air with

Husband is not looking forward to all the Poms who greet us with the usual "GOD YOU ARE SO WHITE", why haven't you got a tan!
Funny thing is we are not that white in OZ, just the normal slip slop slapping aussies! And no I will not be using the fake tan he bought me either

The bag is stuffed full of photos of beaches and dream houses, it seems you must pull these out with every cup of tea offered or cause offence to the dreamin Pom.

Anyway its my last day here for about 5 weeks, unless I crack and end up in a internet cafe! So wishing you all a Safe and Merry Christmas and may you end up where you feel "right at home" in 2004.

See you Dotty. Have a wonderful time. We're off next week as well.....just not expecting to see sun until next June that's all!

Good luck with your house/locality research.

I'll look out for your posts once I'm a re-pat, not an expat!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

LOL Dotty

I also live in a very hot climate - every time I go back to the UK everyone wants to know why I am so white as I live on the beach!!
I always make sure that I am covered in loads sunscreen. I have taken to the use to lancome fake tan for the face - it is very good!

Hope that you have a great holiday.

Debs
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Dotty
just wanted to say that you'll be right at home here with out the fake tan, its pissed down all weekend, grey skies and bloody freezing!
Hope that you have a safe and happy flight,
enjoy your time back in blighty, best wishes to you and yours for a happy christmas
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Dotty have you tried the St Tropez spray on tan? Do they have it in OZ? It is all the rage here, the trouble is you pay £35 and then it is too flaming cold to expose your body so noone sees it!

Have a happy hol, but seriously it is freezing here now so bring your electric blanket!!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It was thick with frost where we live the kids thought it had snowed, it was just like the inside of a freezer. Havent they predicted that we are going to have one of the worst winters on record this year in the uk or is that just one of those rumours that go round. If we are then Im glad we're off in January
Old Nov 24th 2003, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Fake tan for me...everytime!! I'm soooooo pale, if I don't use St.Tropez people ask if I'm feeling o.k!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Have a great time Dotty, don't forget my knickers, say hello to Leicester for me.

Enjoy!!

Di
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun Dotty, give my regards to the UK and tell it I don't miss it at all!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:22 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Creosol works very well on fences so I am sure it would do a great job on humans.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:27 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Creosol works very well on fences so I am sure it would do a great job on humans.
And the bonus being no-one would want to sit next to you on the plane so you'd have loads of room
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:34 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe trip dotty & a merry xmas. I'll think of you while Im eating my seafood & mangos in Port Douglas on xmas day
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:01 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty,

With the honesty of your posts, you don't seem the type to go 'fake'.

Have a safe flight and a great holiday.

Donna & Chris
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Have a good 'un. And feel sorry for those of us who can not make it home this year.

Merry Christmas and enjoy yourself.

P.S what's wrong with fake tan?? lol the streaky, orangey look that also comes off on white clothing when you sweat.. I've yet to find a good one that looks real. I'll stick to looking like the Bride of Dracula for now