British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Fake marriage? need input please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/fake-marriage-need-input-please-111201/)

MichaelGsxr Sep 10th 2002 9:35 am

Fake marriage? need input please!

I was just wondering if anyone has used a fake marriage to get australian residency? will this work? I was thinking of finding a girl that will exchange visas with me, as in: she marries me, she gets a US visa and I get an australian visa... i know there is a 2 year wait for permanency but im sure i will find a girl to do it... what kind of checks do they do? do they come to the house and make sure you live together etc? i have an australian masters degree but am 5 points short of the 115 needed and desperately want to stay here! anyone think this is possible?

Pat Sep 10th 2002 10:15 am

Re: Fake marriage? need input please!

Please tell me this is a wind up!!!!. Nobody who holds a masters degree could be stupid enough to put this enquiry on a public forum.

mozz48 Sep 10th 2002 11:47 am

Originally posted by Pat:
Please tell me this is a wind up!!!!. Nobody who holds a masters degree could be stupid enough to put this enquiry on a public forum.
Go ahead ; make DIMA'S day
Gerard

RNZ Sep 10th 2002 2:34 pm

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr:
I was just wondering if anyone has used a fake marriage to get australian residency? will this work? I was thinking of finding a girl that will exchange visas with me, as in: she marries me, she gets a US visa and I get an australian visa... i know there is a 2 year wait for permanency but im sure i will find a girl to do it... what kind of checks do they do? do they come to the house and make sure you live together etc? i have an australian masters degree but am 5 points short of the 115 needed and desperately want to stay here! anyone think this is possible?

If this is true, I must say that it is people like these who have made the processing times so high (and made lives of others miserable) - with all the fake documents and lies - no wonder the immigration officials have to verifiy everything .........

my guess is that this post is partly fake - someone is trying to find out about the marriage route but has also added loads of crap about having a Masters degree and having an american citizenship ...

......anyway it is despicable ...

ptlabs Sep 10th 2002 3:12 pm

You may want to add that it's people like this that made DIMIA decide to impose a 2-year wait for spouse visa holders before they get their permanent visas.

Just like the fact that applicants from the Indian sub-continent now face extra scruntiny about their qualifications because enough rotten apples from that region have been detected by DIMIA (and NZQA) in the course of their assessment.

Reality is rather disgusting sometimes, yes.

Peter

Originally posted by RNZ:
If what you say is true, I must add that it is people like you who have made the processing times so high (and made lives of others miserable) - with all the fake documents and lies - no wonder the immigration officials have to verifiy everything .........

shaun/lor Sep 10th 2002 4:03 pm

although the likley hood of this question being for real is small.
i do admire anyone that is prepared to go to these sort of lengthes to get into the place they wish to be.
i have friends that have told porkys in the past to get jobs,
get cheap deals on things, etc etc. so whats the diffrence.
i couldnt do it myself but i have a small amount of admiration for a person whos willing to try.
he aint hurtin me? much
shaun

baldbutts Sep 10th 2002 5:14 pm

Can't help you mate,but maybe you could convince Mrs Pommie Bastard into a divorce !
Mrs Baldbutts was gonna post a similar thread titled:-

FAKE ORGASM ? NEED INPUT PLEASE !

Obviously for a friend (eh Nicky T )

:D

Don Sep 10th 2002 5:17 pm

You could always fake it with a boy too - it's called being a 'de facto'. All you have to do is grow a moustache, wear denims (3 piece) and a key chain hanging out of your back pocket and simper a lot during your interview.

Family Man Sep 11th 2002 12:39 am

Drop dead instead - it is because of vermin like you that DIMIA can justify the
abusive way genuine spouses can be mistreated. Anyhow it won't be any loss, we have
enough UNETHICAL academics messing up the world as it is.

MichaelGsxr <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was just wondering if anyone has used a fake marriage to get australian
    > residency? will this work? I was thinking of finding a girl that will exchange
    > visas with me, as in: she marries me, she gets a US visa and I get an australian
    > visa... i know there is a 2 year wait for permanency but im sure i will find a girl
    > to do it... what kind of checks do they do? do they come to the house and make sure
    > you live together etc? i have an australian masters degree but am 5 points short of
    > the 115 needed and desperately want to stay here! anyone think this is possible?

Robert Edwards Sep 11th 2002 1:19 am

Isn't that a bit strong to suggest the Department can mistreat genuine
spouses? though I do agree the practice alluded to is most unethical apart
from being unlawful.

"Family Man" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] o-
m
    > Drop dead instead - it is because of vermin like you that DIMIA can justify the
    > abusive way genuine spouses can be mistreated. Anyhow it won't be any loss, we
    > have enough UNETHICAL academics messing up the world as it is.

MichaelGsxr Sep 11th 2002 1:51 am

Whats the big deal? DIMA screws everything up by raising the points so screw them. im not hurthing anyone else if its planned out correctly. whats the difference between what im doing and someone getting into an abusive relationship then getting divorced 2 years later. look at the migrate usa section, there are a million posts about fake marriages! dont judge unless you want to be judged idiots.

ptlabs Sep 11th 2002 2:57 am

You asked for inputs, but you get abusive when those inputs didn't encourage your illegal activities.

Fake marriages for the purposes of migration is illegal. Do it, and you break the law. If you do possess a Masters degree I take it that you would have enough grey matter to comprehend that there is no such thing as a victim-less crime. Fake marriages like the one you plan to execute will only serve to further complicate matters for couples who are in real relationships. There're no two ways about it.

Peter

Whats the big deal? DIMA screws everything up by raising the points so screw them. im not hurthing anyone else if its planned out correctly. whats the difference between what im doing and someone getting into an abusive relationship then getting divorced 2 years later. look at the migrate usa section, there are a million posts about fake marriages! dont judge unless you want to be judged idiots.

jaycee Sep 11th 2002 8:18 am

As a lesbian I find your your stereotyping of gay men a bit off. Of all my gay male friends not one dresses in the way you suggest. Please be careful as this comes across as homophobic. And whats the simper alot during interviews about?

Jaycee

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:
You could always fake it with a boy too - it's called being a 'de facto'. All you have to do is grow a moustache, wear denims (3 piece) and a key chain hanging out of your back pocket and simper a lot during your interview.

Rob Sep 11th 2002 9:20 am

In <[email protected]> MichaelGsxr wrote:
    > Whats the big deal? DIMA screws everything up by raising the points so screw them.
    > im not hurthing anyone else if its planned out correctly. whats the difference
    > between what im doing and someone getting into an abusive relationship then getting
    > divorced 2 years later. look at the migrate usa section, there are a million posts
    > about fake marriages! dont judge unless you want to be judged idiots.

Hey Michael, I was in the local electronic store the other day and saw this lovely
plasma tv and fell in love with it. I already have a big widescreen tv, but I'm now
convinced I must have the plasma one. Trouble is, I can't afford it right now, I'd
have to save for at least 2 years to afford it. I was thinking, if you help me by
distracting the assistant, I could have it in the back of my van before they notice.

Can I count you in ?

Grub Sep 11th 2002 9:52 am

No need to fake it anymore Baldy- keep ordering stuff from 'that' web site (and dont try and tell me Mrs Baldbutts hasnt been receiving her daily mail order parcel either). It's getting quite spicy in Derby Street!

..You know that fancy dress party you suggested when we get there... I've got loads of 'costumes' now!!!

Originally posted by baldbutts:
Can't help you mate,but maybe you could convince Mrs Pommie Bastard into a divorce !
Mrs Baldbutts was gonna post a similar thread titled:-

FAKE ORGASM ? NEED INPUT PLEASE !

Obviously for a friend (eh Nicky T )

:D