Fair skin

Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fair skin

Hi i have really fair skin in our summer's i burn very quickly and only ever go red(yes i do wear sun lotion). I was just wondering will this be the same in Australia or will my skin get used to it. How do children cope with the sun over in Oz after leaving the British climate.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:54 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fair skin

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi i have really fair skin in our summer's i burn very quickly and only ever go red(yes i do wear sun lotion). I was just wondering will this be the same in Australia or will my skin get used to it. How do children cope with the sun over in Oz after leaving the British climate.

Stacey xx
They are covered in sunsuits and factor 30+ sun cream most of the time.

Your skin will not get used to it. A tan = skin damage

G
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

the only way to get used to it is:

Slip (on sunnies), slop (sunscreen) slap (on a hat).

I also find wearing a long sleeve shirt helps. For swimming I always wear a long wetsuit- great sunscreen and you can stay in the water for ages!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx

I and my daughter have fair skin....its factor 30+ all the time, you will get a light colour through the location. My husband has very weathered skin, even he uses factor 30!!...the sun is so strong here so its a must for any skin type.

Sue x
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thank you for the replies. I ask only because in the British summer i burn even when wearing lotion and always peel. So for most of the summer i go go around with a red peeling nose and shoulders. I don't want a tan just wondering if my skin will be different in OZ due to having more sun on a regular basis than just 6 weeks out of the year. Or will i have a red, peeling nose permanently in OZ. .

Stacey xx
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Fair skin

How do children cope with the sun over in Oz after leaving the British climate.

Stacey xx
They shrivel up and die.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:20 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
the only way to get used to it is:

Slip (on sunnies), slop (sunscreen) slap (on a hat).

I also find wearing a long sleeve shirt helps. For swimming I always wear a long wetsuit- great sunscreen and you can stay in the water for ages!
YES!!!!! exactly. Look at how they dress away from the coast - long sleeve shirts and trousers (light ones obviously).
Your skin wont get used to the strenght of the sun. Adapt yourself starting with clothing. Apart from the obvious health risks you will also prevent some wrinkles later in life (the females always love hearing that) .
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Our 7 year old lad is fair skinned and has red hair so I was REALLY worried about him in the sun here. However he is fine, slip, slap, slop works and he loves to wear shorts and shirt as bathers, and loves to wear a hat in the sea as it helps to keep him cool.
I have not had him burn at all here but we had had problems in the UK where we were caught out by the odd hot day. Also there are loads of shaded areas when you are out and about and places seem to be built with the sun in mind which really helps (most kids play areas by us have huge shaded sections).
Nicky
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyP
Our 7 year old lad is fair skinned and has red hair so I was REALLY worried about him in the sun here. However he is fine, slip, slap, slop works and he loves to wear shorts and shirt as bathers, and loves to wear a hat in the sea as it helps to keep him cool.
I have not had him burn at all here but we had had problems in the UK where we were caught out by the odd hot day. Also there are loads of shaded areas when you are out and about and places seem to be built with the sun in mind which really helps (most kids play areas by us have huge shaded sections).
Nicky

Iwas going to ask about red hair as i suffer in the uk very pale (ghost white) with red hair i use factor 35 and manage to go slightly tanned but suffer with headaches , is suntan lotion cheaper out there than the uk?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Iwas going to ask about red hair as i suffer in the uk very pale (ghost white) with red hair i use factor 35 and manage to go slightly tanned but suffer with headaches , is suntan lotion cheaper out there than the uk?
Haven't checked the prices as it is just a necessity but I do like the sprays with the kids they seem to work really well rather than grinding in the dirt . Joseph isn't anywhere near as white as he used to be and his hair is becoming slightly lighter, I must say that he looks a lot healthier even after 6 months of being here. They are outside all of the time and whereas I got burnt once this summer the kids haven't had any problems. Our eldest does get headaches though if he overheats so he has loads of water and uses sunnies most of the year round.
Nicky
Oh yes and I have only seen factor 30 here and total sunblock I think that there was a thread about it a while back but can't remember the reasons.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't checked the prices as it is just a necessity but I do like the sprays with the kids they seem to work really well rather than grinding in the dirt . Joseph isn't anywhere near as white as he used to be and his hair is becoming slightly lighter, I must say that he looks a lot healthier even after 6 months of being here. They are outside all of the time and whereas I got burnt once this summer the kids haven't had any problems. Our eldest does get headaches though if he overheats so he has loads of water and uses sunnies most of the year round.
Nicky
Oh yes and I have only seen factor 30 here and total sunblock I think that there was a thread about it a while back but can't remember the reasons.
Thanks i will do a search later to find out why. hopfully once im in oz i too will look healthy as people compare me to a walking corpse LOL
Mandy
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

I was laying on Rottnest Island a couple of years back in my bikini sunbathing and thinking how cautious I was as I've slapped on the +30. After an hour or so my eyes started to burn, a couple of hours later I'd noticed my big toes and eyelids were red raw....a very valuable lesson to be learnt in this story....SMOTHER EVERYTHING!!!! :scared:
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hi Mandy

This thread gives examples of what's available & cost of sunscreen lotion
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366193

Leigh
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Hi Mandy

This thread gives examples of what's available & cost of sunscreen lotion
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366193

Leigh

Thanks for the link very useful
Mandy
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky
We are fair skinned, we use nivea sparay for kids, i have a moisturiser, olay UVA protection and never burn with that, my kids burnt more in UK and Spain than they have here, we are more prepared for the sun here, SLIP, SLAP SLOP.
AT SCHOOL THE KIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED OUT TO PLAY IF THEY DONT HAVE HATS ON.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.