Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Failed our theory tests!!! We're so embarrassed!!

Failed our theory tests!!! We're so embarrassed!!

Old May 11th 2005, 8:29 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Red face Failed our theory tests!!! We're so embarrassed!!

OMG I am soooooo embarrassed!!!!!

Mr shecha and I went to do our theory tests today - feeling quite confident that we would pass with no problem and we hadn't even really looked at the 'Driving in Queensland' theory book. Big mistake!!!!!

We both failed the car test by 2 points!!!!! One point on the give way section and one point on the other section! But Mr shecha did pass his truck theory test!!! Much good that is - he will still have to take a practical truck test!!

How embarrassing is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've only got until 5th June to pass them or we can't drive (3 month residency rule), so guess we're gonna keep going everyday until we pass!!!

So, we're gonna take them again tomorrow afternoon, following my first job interview at 11.15 am, so wish me luck!!!! Karma would be much appreciated!!!!

Shell
Old May 11th 2005, 8:33 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failed our theory tests!!! We're so embarrassed!!

hehe. both me and hubby failed first time too. isn't it a shock to be told that you no longer have enough knowledg to drive :scared:
we passed on our second attemp though so don't worry too much.
i think we answered the questions the way we thought they wanted to hear it the first time, second time just relax and give straight text book answers. thats the trouble with taking tests so long after driving, you know that their are no absolute answers to the questions.
louise
Old May 11th 2005, 8:40 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by louise4
hehe. both me and hubby failed first time too. isn't it a shock to be told that you no longer have enough knowledg to drive :scared:
we passed on our second attemp though so don't worry too much.
i think we answered the questions the way we thought they wanted to hear it the first time, second time just relax and give straight text book answers. thats the trouble with taking tests so long after driving, you know that their are no absolute answers to the questions.
louise

Cheers Louise

We don't feel so bad now we know we're not the only ones who failed first time!!!

I hope we pass second time!!!!

Cheers again

Shell & Mr shecha
Old May 11th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by shecha

Mr shecha and I went to do our theory tests today - feeling quite confident that we would pass with no problem and we hadn't even really looked at the 'Driving in Queensland' theory book. Big mistake!!!!!

We both failed the car test by 2 points!!!!! One point on the give way section and one point on the other section! But Mr shecha did pass his truck theory test!!! Much good that is - he will still have to take a practical truck test!!

We've only got until 5th June to pass them or we can't drive (3 month residency rule), so guess we're gonna keep going everyday until we pass!!!

So, we're gonna take them again tomorrow afternoon, following my first job interview at 11.15 am, so wish me luck!!!! Karma would be much appreciated!!!!

Shell
Ach Shell, you'll be fine next time!! Funnily enough, I thought about doing it tomorrow. (the test that is!
) Anyway I did look at the book...about 4 weeks ago and can't remember any of it! Goody luck for the interview, you'll knock 'em dead. Let me know how it goes.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:49 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by logan
Ach Shell, you'll be fine next time!! Funnily enough, I thought about doing it tomorrow. (the test that is!
) Anyway I did look at the book...about 4 weeks ago and can't remember any of it! Goody luck for the interview, you'll knock 'em dead. Let me know how it goes.

Hi logan,

Cheers mate, I would def have a look at the book before doing the test if I were you - not as easy as it looks - or maybe we are just really dim!!!!

I'll let you know how the interview goes!

Speak to ya soon

Shell
xxx
Old May 11th 2005, 8:51 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Shell
Sorry Shell, this has made me laugh. It could have been worse, you could have failed and Lyndon could have passed. You'd never be able to live that one down.
Good luck and big Welsh hugs for your interview.
Sarah
Old May 11th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I passed first time (never driven before) but hubbie who has been driving since being a teenager passed on the 4th or 5th time. I think he was too overconfident and he refused to look at the book. Thought he new it all!

Mandy
Old May 11th 2005, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Shell
LO!!!! sorry but it is quite amusing!!!! Ahhhh to be 17 again (when we didnt have theory tests!!!!!)

karma sent
Old May 11th 2005, 8:55 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by teach
Sorry Shell, this has made me laugh. It could have been worse, you could have failed and Lyndon could have passed. You'd never be able to live that one down.
Good luck and big Welsh hugs for your interview.
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I bet it made you laugh - it is really funny - just shows how being cocky makes you look like an idiot eh!!!

And you're right about what would have happended if Lyndon had passed - but I failed. I would never have heard the end of it!!!!!

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes (interview and theory test).

Love

Shell
Old May 11th 2005, 8:58 am
ABCDiamond

Shell
Good luck with the next one
I did the same, took the test without reading up on it, failed, then read up and passed on 2nd attempt

Old May 11th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi logan,

Cheers mate, I would def have a look at the book before doing the test if I were you - not as easy as it looks - or maybe we are just really dim!!!!

I'll let you know how the interview goes!

Speak to ya soon

Shell
xxx
no worries sent you some karma
Old May 11th 2005, 9:09 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies and karma - much appreciated!!!

Lets hope it works and we pass tomorrow, although I think reading the book this time would help!!!

Glad it gave everyone a giggle - I knew it would!

Cheers again

Shell
xxx
Old May 11th 2005, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone for your replies and karma - much appreciated!!!

Lets hope it works and we pass tomorrow, although I think reading the book this time would help!!!

Glad it gave everyone a giggle - I knew it would!

Cheers again

Shell
xxx
Care to post your car registration number so I can make a note for the future?

Sez he still driving on an old and battered UK licence ...
Old May 11th 2005, 9:56 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shell,

Dont worry about it, hubby passed on his 5th attempt (Sshh though he trys to keep it quiet )
He went everyday untill he passed it,but boy was he bloody frustrated as it was only ever 1 question he kept getting wrong!

Goodluck for tomorrow & with the interview x

Goodluck karma on its way!

Donna.
Old May 11th 2005, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Good luck with the next one
I did the same, took the test without reading up on it, failed, then read up and passed on 2nd attempt
I'm convinced the test is designed to fail people who haven't read the book. They ask the most niggling little questions which you could only know if you've studied the book, like how far past a level crossing is it safe to park, or how close to a bus stop, or crest of a hill etc. And each distance is different.

Annoying, but I think its their way of making sure that even the most confident smug 20 year+ exprience driver HAS to read up on Queensland driving rules before they pass.

Oh and the give way questions are a pain in the arse too.

Cheers,
JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.