Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Failed a Credit check, why??

Failed a Credit check, why??

Old May 16th 2010, 2:22 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: Failed a Credit check, why??

Originally Posted by northernbird
Are you permanent residents? This will make a difference.
We are only on a 457, but hubby got it no bother!
Old May 16th 2010, 2:24 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

It's contract, an iphone. They have now asked for 100 point check which she has e-mailed back- the credit checking agency did not have her on their records and 100 point check is the way round this - so hopefully all will be good
Old May 16th 2010, 2:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it will get sorted. When we arrived 5 years ago on 457 it was hard to get any credit, even a phone. Glad it is a little easier now.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
It's contract, an iphone. They have now asked for 100 point check which she has e-mailed back- the credit checking agency did not have her on their records and 100 point check is the way round this - so hopefully all will be good
We had Virgin PAYG for about 18 months after we arrived (we're Temp Residents) - when Himself moved down to Sydney we went over to Contract, again with Virgin, and thought we'd treat ourselves to upgraded phones too.

OMG what a palaver! We ended up having to do the 100 point check and eventually they deigned to send us our phones
Old May 16th 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a Virgin prepaid recently and then they rang me and said I was the zillionth customer or something and here's 50,000 air miles. Thank you to the rest of you for helping
Old May 19th 2010, 6:52 am

100 point check is all good, but now they want my wife to send them 3 utility bills (same company) for our current address - we have only been in here since the end of January and have the Electricity bill which is quartely so they only have one, they will not accept Gas as we are on cylinders and the water one is in the landlords name and goes direct to the rental company. The phone bill is in my name. She called them and they said don't worry you can send us 3 months of bank statements - guess what we do paperless online billing Not sure waht to do now they could offer us no other solution, she has pay slips and school fee statements for the last 3 months and that is it.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

100 point check is all good, but now they want my wife to send them 3 utility bills (same company) for our current address - we have only been in here since the end of January and have the Electricity bill which is quartely so they only have one, they will not accept Gas as we are on cylinders and the water one is in the landlords name and goes direct to the rental company. The phone bill is in my name. She called them and they said don't worry you can send us 3 months of bank statements - guess what we do paperless online billing Not sure waht to do now they could offer us no other solution, she has pay slips and school fee statements for the last 3 months and that is it.
Will they not accept printouts of online statements? Or doesn't your account have those?
Old May 19th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Will they not accept printouts of online statements? Or doesn't your account have those?
Yes, should be able to send print outs of online statements/transactions. We have had no trouble when having to use these for anything.
I was rejected for a woolworths credit card (mainly wanted it for paying at the petrol pump etc and do a lot of shopping there too). I have a very good credit rating here (since 2006) and have maintained a credit card, bank/savings accounts and a mortgage, regular income etc and never missed a payment, never been in arrears etc etc. All they would say is that it was the lenders policy (HSBC) and could not divulge why I was rejected. It still annoys me as I could not get any answer as to why I am not deemed worthy enough for a woolies credit card despite a very good credit rating (which they agreed that I had and the decision to refuse wasn't because of anything on a credit rating). I'm baffled as to why? What policy? In the UK I had a good credit rating so there is nothing that could have followed me Will have to take my business elsewhere
Old May 19th 2010, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They will do but I can't find them on our ANZ account pages anywhere, I can get all the transactions but no statements
Old May 19th 2010, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They will do but I can't find them on our ANZ account pages anywhere, I can get all the transactions but no statements
Hmm, I just had a look at my ANZ, it has a page to register for e-statements, which they then email to you each month - have you been receiving them b email? I can't see anywhere online to actually call up previous bank statements, although it will let me view credit card statements.