Reload this Page >

Fact Finding Trip Prior To Applying

Fact Finding Trip Prior To Applying

Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

LiverpoolAcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fact Finding Trip Prior To Applying

Hi guys

can anyone let me have some insider tips on the best way to structure a fact finding trip to make sure we definitely want to apply for emigration to Australia - we seem to be agreed on Queensland based on web and paper research etc but when we get there it may not be for us!!
we were thinking of going for 3 weeks around Easter next year. Is it best to get there and then arrange travel to see different parts of both Queensland and/or other parts of Australia i.e. Adelaide / Cairns / Alice Springs / Perth etc or are we best planning an itinery in advance and booking all the various flights etc from UK.
Also is it a good idea to go around the agencies etc and see what the work prospects are even though it may take 6-9 months to actually get visa ( i am a finance manager by profession )

Thanks

Martin
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:01 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fact Finding Trip Prior To Applying

Originally Posted by LiverpoolAcc
Hi guys

can anyone let me have some insider tips on the best way to structure a fact finding trip to make sure we definitely want to apply for emigration to Australia - we seem to be agreed on Queensland based on web and paper research etc but when we get there it may not be for us!!
we were thinking of going for 3 weeks around Easter next year. Is it best to get there and then arrange travel to see different parts of both Queensland and/or other parts of Australia i.e. Adelaide / Cairns / Alice Springs / Perth etc or are we best planning an itinery in advance and booking all the various flights etc from UK.
Also is it a good idea to go around the agencies etc and see what the work prospects are even though it may take 6-9 months to actually get visa ( i am a finance manager by profession )

Thanks

Martin
If you only have 3 weeks I would try to plan most of it before you travel. You can book flights and hotels online pretty easily from wherever!

And there's certainly no harm in speaking to a few people in the know. I'm sure you'll get the brush off from some (that's life!) but if you can get some info on the local situation then it's worth an hour of your time.