Face facts

Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:56 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Face facts

Maybe I should get on a plane to ADL today and claim asylum in Oz? After all, parts of this country are third world! hhmmm....wonder if THAT would work?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Thanks. They let every Tom, Dick and 'asylum' seeker into this country....I wish it was that easy to get onto Oz.
well said lucy!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:38 am
Go Banana's !!

OOooooooo I love reading these 'mass debates'

Seriously, I never thought I would ever say this! but Eatstatic is entitled to his opinion without the remarks getting personal. It doesn't mean he is a bad person, it's just his reflection of HIS time in Oz. It didn't suit him, big deal. Does it affect your life ? no. But people do come on here to hear both sides.

I have so missed the big rows

We are, so far, having a great time, because we want something different out of life than Eatstatic.

Since being here I can see what people may not like about it.

Eatstatic tries to be mischievious, which I find now, being on the other side quite funny, as it must really wind some people up. What real harm is he doing? as long as he too understands, if some of us like Oz then there isn't something wrong with us.

Geeze, some of you would be sending death threats if Pommie Bastard was still around

BTW the other posting that was unsigned was Warren

Jill

Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
OOooooooo I love reading these 'mass debates'
Jill
You too, eh!!?

What you've said is so true - it's his opinion and no less valid than anyone else's. I think he loves to play Devil's Advocate really! He often gets some good debate going, which is no bad thing
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:23 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Just try and ignore the blatant racism and the ever-widening gap between rich and poor. Still, you can always enjoy a BBQ or 100...
You dont get that in UK!

The BBQ, that is.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:30 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Seriously, I never thought I would ever say this! but Eatstatic is entitled to his opinion without the remarks getting personal. ...
Jill
He is entitled to his opinion, but his opening post was insulting.

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Lets be honest for a moment Australia is a third rate excuse for a country, whose insecurity as a nation is so pathetic that its national pastime is POM bashing.
I really appreciate the following about Blighty (in no particular order)

A lot of intelligent people with a great sense of humour

Cant have it all!! But on reflection the UK sure beats narrow minded, parochial, subarban boorish, racist OZ.
With remarks like that, I think people are entitled to take it personal...

It's not the message that causes the problem, it's the delivery mechanism.

Alistair
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
It's not the message that causes the problem, it's the delivery mechanism.
Yep, I've said the same before but you put it so much better . Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to post it here but there are some who word in such a way as to cause a stir. Usually interesting for a couple of pages then it starts to degenerate into a slanging match
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yep, I've said the same before but you put it so much better . Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to post it here but there are some who word in such a way as to cause a stir. Usually interesting for a couple of pages then it starts to degenerate into a slanging match
No it doesn't.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
No it doesn't.
Listen, mate, if I say it does, then it does. Allright?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Listen, mate, if I say it does, then it does. Allright?
Are you staring at my keyboard?

You're going home in a ****ing plane ... actually, that doesn't work ...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Australia will still be an independant country.
Run from Washington or Beijing, depending on which country wins the next superpower race.