Reload this Page >

Fabulous Sunshine Coast School

Fabulous Sunshine Coast School

Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fabulous Sunshine Coast School

Originally Posted by wadhamsfamily
Hi, Just how religious is Immanuel Lutheran College?? We are not church goers and in fact my 9 year old, although I keep reminding him to keep an open mind, questions the existence in God?

Hi my children go to Immanual please dont panic, we are not religious, my children arent even christened, we are not married all the things that we should be we are not!!! We were worried that we had found the right school and would not get in because of this, but it did not matter.
They go to chapel (which if i must say is quite cool, not like church at all they have the kids playing guitars etc,) once a week for an hour and have a lesson once a week but this is the same as uk, they are taught about all the different relgions. It is not pushed onto your children at all. My son is 9 in february. There are a few english families attending this school now another one starts in my sons class next term. So tell your 9 year old they will fit in just fine. I hope this helps
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, just got our oz visas and have booked our flights for November 9th!! No need to tell anyone out there just how exciting yet frightening that feels. Sometimes feels like I'm floating on a cloud then 'bang' hollow felling inside!! Anyway back to the point. We are in the process of selecting schools - schools selecting us? Each school has requested a copy of my son's (AGE 9)most recent report. How much emphasis do the independent schools put on academic achievement? Thanks.
The schools asked us for their last school report, i dont think it really matters about the acamdemic bit, they have a form class which is split for maths and english into groups for bottom middle and top so they are taught accordingly to their ability, my son struggled a bit with reading so was given extra lessons and has now caught up with his class. they also have a class called the horizons in our school which are for those extra clever ones!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

wadhamsfamily is on a distinguished road

Hi Caroline, thanks for responding. That all sounds very reassuring. Hey - maybe we'll meet at school in January - I'm Angela - keep a lookout for the newbies!! What's Buderim and surrounding areas like - anywhere you'd recommend? We're arriving in November and going in to temporary rental whilst we have a good look around schools and surrounding areas. Really fancy rural, open spaces, trees etc and a distant view of the ocean would be perfect if possible. Nice hearing from you.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, just got our oz visas and have booked our flights for November 9th!! No need to tell anyone out there just how exciting yet frightening that feels. Sometimes feels like I'm floating on a cloud then 'bang' hollow felling inside!! Anyway back to the point. We are in the process of selecting schools - schools selecting us? Each school has requested a copy of my son's (AGE 9)most recent report. How much emphasis do the independent schools put on academic achievement? Thanks.
The private schools will be looking at behaviour as well as academic achievement, hence asking for reports no matter how young. Our (Christian) school isn't academically selective but they do want to ensure the right "fit" as they expect very high standards of behaviour. I had to produce the last two years' reports for my 9 year old. A number of the kids my eldest met during his very brief stint at the local high school had been excluded from the school he's at now!