Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fab and not-so fab news

Fab and not-so fab news

Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:08 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fab and not-so fab news

As I wrote on another thread earlier today....we had a viewing today...a bloke with his wife/mother...not quite sure which

Well.......they wanna BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're offering full monty price too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....the not so fab bit is that they've not sold theirs yet.....poo But they have had viewings and hope to get some 2nd viewings soon...so fingers crossed.

They've also been a bit cheeky and asked if we'll take ours off the market now....ha! yea alright....they're 'avin a giraffe!!!! I'll be telling the agent in the morning that they're welcome to my house when they've got a buyer for their own. In the meantime it's still for sale, but at least it shows there are still people out there who are looking to buy houses. The housing market may not be the baron wasteland I thought it was....

Driving round Pompey today...I must admit I noticed a lot more 'sold' signs around....so maybe....just maybe the housing market is picking up a little here in the south.

In the meantime....I'm a happy bunny that someone actually WANTS my house!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:20 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fab and not-so fab news

Originally Posted by artep
As I wrote on another thread earlier today....we had a viewing today...a bloke with his wife/mother...not quite sure which

Well.......they wanna BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're offering full monty price too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....the not so fab bit is that they've not sold theirs yet.....poo But they have had viewings and hope to get some 2nd viewings soon...so fingers crossed.

They've also been a bit cheeky and asked if we'll take ours off the market now....ha! yea alright....they're 'avin a giraffe!!!! I'll be telling the agent in the morning that they're welcome to my house when they've got a buyer for their own. In the meantime it's still for sale, but at least it shows there are still people out there who are looking to buy houses. The housing market may not be the baron wasteland I thought it was....

Driving round Pompey today...I must admit I noticed a lot more 'sold' signs around....so maybe....just maybe the housing market is picking up a little here in the south.

In the meantime....I'm a happy bunny that someone actually WANTS my house!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

God I hope it spreads up to ANgmering in West Sussex! We live on a brand new development and I am in a Westbury home...there are 6 houses on the market within spitting distance to me. Next door has been vacant for sale for 6 months now! :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:24 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
God I hope it spreads up to ANgmering in West Sussex! We live on a brand new development and I am in a Westbury home...there are 6 houses on the market within spitting distance to me. Next door has been vacant for sale for 6 months now! :scared:
Oh bummer!!!! Bloody typical there's 6 for sale near you!!! When we were looking to buy, this house was the only one in the area for sale which had everything we needed....now we're selling there's bloody loads!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you Lucy
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh bummer!!!! Bloody typical there's 6 for sale near you!!! When we were looking to buy, this house was the only one in the area for sale which had everything we needed....now we're selling there's bloody loads!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you Lucy

Fingers crossed Petra that this is the sale that gets you those miles away that you dream of xxx

footie x
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:36 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by footie chick
Fingers crossed Petra that this is the sale that gets you those miles away that you dream of xxx

footie x
Aww cheers Footie!!! Fingers crossed they get their buyer sooooooon!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:15 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

fingers and everything crossed for you petra.......!!!

sue
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:20 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Everything crossed for you Petra.

Julia
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:28 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed for you - and good for you about not taking it off the market!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:27 am
Cheeky

Great news!!!!!

Got fingers crossed for you!!!!!!

I would do the same as you......gotta keep your options open!!!!!

Good Luck,

Cheeky!!

Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:22 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!!
Something to hang on too, at least eh! wishing all goes well x
Good luck
Donna.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Petra

Im glad to hear that you have had some positive news.
Irene
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:57 pm
....is FAB

Thanks everyone!!! It may all go t*ts up yet...but I'm just enjoying the moment....the fact that someone actually wants to buy the noose that is my house!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:07 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone!!! It may all go t*ts up yet...but I'm just enjoying the moment....the fact that someone actually wants to buy the noose that is my house!!
I hope this one goes through for you. We're now due to exchange on our sale tomorrow and complete in early November so there is still some life in the market

My take is that the housing market should perk up over the next few weeks as the Bank of England seems set to keep rates steady and, more importantly, if people want to be in their new houses by Xmas then they'll have to start making serious offers now. It takes at least 2 months from offer to completion so the heat is on for buyers!

Cheers

GLR
Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:09 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GLR
I hope this one goes through for you. We're now due to exchange on our sale tomorrow and complete in early November so there is still some life in the market

My take is that the housing market should perk up over the next few weeks as the Bank of England seems set to keep rates steady and, more importantly, if people want to be in their new houses by Xmas then they'll have to start making serious offers now. It takes at least 2 months from offer to completion so the heat is on for buyers!

Cheers

GLR
I hope everyone else's sales are still on track. I'm pleased to say that our's exchanged today - my fingers are gnawed back to the bone but we've made it. Next stop Brisbane!

Good luck to everyone

GLR
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:33 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GLR
I hope everyone else's sales are still on track. I'm pleased to say that our's exchanged today - my fingers are gnawed back to the bone but we've made it. Next stop Brisbane!

Good luck to everyone

GLR

Congratulations and well done

It is great to hear that it all went smoothly

Good luck

Julia

PS I have a 3 pm viewing tomorrow and 1.15 pm on Friday.

Clean Clean Clean. will I ever stop cleaning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.