F1 in OZ?

Old May 23rd 2004, 6:24 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F1 in OZ?

Faced the usual yearly dilemma of watching the F1 or taking advantage of the sun in case it disappears for the rest of the year again and started to wonder if the F1 is shown in OZ? If so anyone know what channels and is it shown live at night in OZ?
Mart
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:31 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 in OZ?

It is shown but don't know which channel- when I was in Oz when the season was in full swing, I was avoiding them as I had them recorded back home and had over 2 month of races to catch up on when I returned.

However I do remember the flatmate of my friends watching one of the races live. If you have to record & watch later, avoid the news - they don't give any warning and then say "after the break, so and so who won the whatever GP" doh
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:14 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah this is an important point, apparently they are not too hot on F1 Coverage apart from the Melbourne race, which all goin well I should be at next year.

ps Well done Montoya
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:45 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

Hope it is shown live, especially if it's later on at night!? Wouldnt mind going to Melbourne but it seems to rain more than the GP at silverstone
Mart
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its shown on Channel 10, but the only live one so far this year has been the Aussie one, much to my disgust. I now listen to them over the net on 5Live. The European ones are billed as "live" but Monaco for example last night started on TV when the BBC were on Lap 24.........slight time delay! It is very hard to avoid the result, they even had it on the Channel 10 news just before showing the Malaysian race! No qualifying or anything (except the Aussie one) and they use half the ITV commentary - the other half is done by two complete prats who can't tell an F1 car from a dustcart.
Incredibly annoying, but the insular Aussies prefer to watch their precious V8s live, and largely ignore F1. make the most of this years races.....

PS I now seem to be heading for the divorce court for criticising the wonderful Aussie commentary.......note to those still in the UK, if its Australian, it has to be wonderful!!

Last edited by Pollyana; May 23rd 2004 at 9:16 pm.
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:50 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

Thanks, at least I dont feel so bad about staying in to watch todays race now. Perhaps Bernie would like to sign up an expats satelite TV channel. Could make a fortune Guess its downhill from here - maybee its time to rethink those emigration plans lol.
Mart
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

F1 is getting pretty boring these days so it wont be such a big loss as you think. Although I do have to say Monaco was pretty good yesterday and not just because Schuey didnt walk away with the trophy.
Old May 24th 2004, 1:18 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

The F1 is a lot of fun, went to it several times in Adelaide, and nearly every year in Melbourne. I think the changes to engine size, tyre changes and pre-selects will make it more interesting instead of it being Ferrari-Ferrari-Ferrari all the time. Now we're lucky having the F1 early in the year, the V8's in Adelaide and of course the Indy. Races galore!
Old May 24th 2004, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

Stayed up and watched the Monaco GP last night - coverage started at about 11pm and finished about 1ish. Channel 10 shows most of them live I think, they just end up being fairly unsocial hours! Not completly live, a bit of a delay I think but OK. Not qualifying shown though.
An advantage of living in Melbourne - I do get to drive the GP track every day on the way to work and we saw them in action in March and it didn't rain!
Old May 24th 2004, 7:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by trehere
Stayed up and watched the Monaco GP last night - coverage started at about 11pm and finished about 1ish. Channel 10 shows most of them live I think, they just end up being fairly unsocial hours! Not completly live, a bit of a delay I think but OK. Not qualifying shown though.
An advantage of living in Melbourne - I do get to drive the GP track every day on the way to work and we saw them in action in March and it didn't rain!
I got sunburnt at Melbourne one a few years ago, not a lot of shade there. The whole atmosphere is fantastic though. My ambition is to get inside one of those hospitality tents though, unfortunetly those big ugly security guards at the door look a bit scary
Old May 24th 2004, 8:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Bordy, unfortunately the only way to get into one of the corporate suites is to work for a company that pays $$$$ for it for the day and then being jammy enough to get an invite. Well worth it if you can you have a very time
Old May 24th 2004, 9:31 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

well someone got lucky at yesterdays GP

I made a comment to my hubby when the jaguar of Klien crashed damaging the nose (of the car) - "ohh thats where the diamond is"

well it was .....guess what?

so we can rule pollyana out as a prior F1 marshall, or is your post just a diversion tactic to try and give you an alibi?
Old May 24th 2004, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Clare Everest is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never missed a race yet!

Melbourne this year and in a few weeks Silverstone, tried to fit in France but couldn't convince mother that it was for her!!

I found the start of the season very frustrating to watch as it was never live and we found that the crap OZ tv took prioity - even the simpson's... I think that there were a lot of complaints and now they try to get them live! The good thing is most of them are late at night so I can have them child free

And it gives you something to do in the winter instead of missing all the sunny days because you are holed up watching the race!!
Old May 24th 2004, 12:27 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the reasons I'm going to live in Melbourne is so I can see the F1 race. If I get the job I want in our Oz branch (and it is a big IF at the moment) then I will have access to our offices in the AIM building on Fitzroy St. that overlooks Albert park!

Fingers crossed
Old May 24th 2004, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne is a brilliant race, I've been there as a spectator (when I met The Bloke) and as a marshal, and it was wonderful fun. Plus the Officials Party after the race makes all the hard work worthwhile........!!!
No pics of The Bloke in his marshalling gear, but he did take one of me (slightly clearer than picking me out on the video!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 9:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.