Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

F**king estate agents

Wikiposts

F**king estate agents

Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default F**king estate agents

Everything you have heard about Aussie estate agents is true. They are a bunch of w*nkers. I had an appointment to view a place in Subiaco this afternoon & took an hour off work to go there. I arrived there on time, place looked nice from the outside, I waited 10 minutes for the agent to arrive & she didn't show. I gave her a call to see where she was & she told me that she had already let the place! Well, thanks for telling me. She was very apologetic & said she thought she had phoned me to cancel. I guess it could have been a genuine error but I doubt it. I lost $65 because she was too useless to give me a call. I have found most estate agents could not give a toss. They sound indifferent on the phone. They close at 5 in the afternoon & are only open for 2 hours on saturday. So far most of the places I have seen have been sh*t holes & it's annoying because the rent I am prepared to pay is not peanuts. I am not enjoying this house hunting saga but will keep at it.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: *****ing estate agents

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Everything you have heard about Aussie estate agents is true. They are a bunch of w*nkers. I had an appointment to view a place in Subiaco this afternoon & took an hour off work to go there. I arrived there on time, place looked nice from the outside, I waited 10 minutes for the agent to arrive & she didn't show. I gave her a call to see where she was & she told me that she had already let the place! Well, thanks for telling me. She was very apologetic & said she thought she had phoned me to cancel. I guess it could have been a genuine error but I doubt it. I lost $65 because she was too useless to give me a call. I have found most estate agents could not give a toss. They sound indifferent on the phone. They close at 5 in the afternoon & are only open for 2 hours on saturday. So far most of the places I have seen have been sh*t holes & it's annoying because the rent I am prepared to pay is not peanuts. I am not enjoying this house hunting saga but will keep at it.

Sounds like estate agents in the Uk during the 80's and 90's
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Sounds like estate agents in the Uk during the 80's and 90's
I agree estate agents in the UK are pretty crap, but they are worse here. I think they are making too much money from house sales & they do not make much from rentals.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

So far most of the places I have seen have been sh*t holes
There lies your problem.......their commission is low on shitholes so tell them you want to rent a house
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bix
There lies your problem.......their commission is low on shitholes so tell them you want to rent a house
Trust me some of the 'houses' I have seen are no different.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

listen mate dont you no the diference between an estate agent and a fish ?
one is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other one is a fish
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: *****ing estate agents

That certainly hasn't been my experience in WA. I used three agents in 3 years, and had nothing but excellent service.

I don't think you can generalise about the entire nation on the basis of a single experience.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeppy
listen mate dont you no the diference between an estate agent and a fish ?
one is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other one is a fish

What do you call 500 estate agents at the bottom of the sea?

A bloody good start
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:24 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the title was going to be a link to an *alternative* website

one real disappointed seang
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I don't think you can generalise about the entire nation on the basis of a single experience.
Where did I say anything about the Aussie nation? Of the 5 estate agents I have dealt with 4 of them have been crap. It's not just me who thinks this, read some of the other threads on this subject.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

So far most of the places I have seen have been sh*t holes & it's annoying because the rent I am prepared to pay is not peanuts.
Do you mind me asking what your budget is and for what sort of property?

We are heading for somewhere in the region between Duncraig and Joondalup and are expecting to pay upwards of $250/week for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom + pool and was wondering how reasonable that was.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by worzel
Do you mind me asking what your budget is and for what sort of property?

We are heading for somewhere in the region between Duncraig and Joondalup and are expecting to pay upwards of $250/week for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom + pool and was wondering how reasonable that was.
I think you would probably get something nice up there for that, not sure about the pool though. We want to be a bit more central for 6 months whilst we suss out where we want to live. I am looking to pay up to $450pw (maximum limit) for the right place.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We've been househunting like mad lately, and it's @#^(*$* annoying, BUT, all the estate agents have been there, been on time, with house open, lights on etc. And most could arrange viewings for me after work(5.15pm)
And today I was pleasantly surprised by one, so we called him tonight at 8.30pm and put an offer in Fingers crossed everyone please!!! Houses are selling within a week, Thornlie is a very popular area at the moment :scared: (we've already had one offer refused, and one house where we got in just too late!)

Good luck Amazulu, keep at it!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I think you would probably get something nice up there for that, not sure about the pool though. We want to be a bit more central for 6 months whilst we suss out where we want to live. I am looking to pay up to $450pw (maximum limit) for the right place.
Cheers
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: *****ing estate agents

Where did I say anything about the Aussie nation?
You said "Everything you've heard about Aussie estate agents is true", which is a generalisation about estate agents across the entire nation.

Of the 5 estate agents I have dealt with 4 of them have been crap. It's not just me who thinks this, read some of the other threads on this subject.
So you've had some bad luck with estate agents.

This doesn't mean that "Everything you've heard about Aussie estate agents is true."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.