F***ing magpies

Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Joel.77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F***ing magpies

I see a 999 show on TV about a magpie in WA pecking a little girls eye as she rode past it's nest on her bike she was in a park with her grandmother, the poor kid lost her sight in the eye but afther an opp she was very lucky to get her sight back
So pls don't underestimate the magpies

Last edited by Joel.77; Sep 17th 2014 at 12:08 am. Reason: Mistake
Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The most memorable magpie swooping I have happened last year - my daughter was in a short dance film about Australian Wards of the State - we were out at this old Monastery in the country, it was so eery and there were lots of tales of hauntings. One of the other mums and I went for a walk around the property and when we stopped in the cemetery to check out the graves, magpies started attacking us out of nowhere. We went and sat in the garden well away from the cemetery and just listened to the unexplained whispers and rustling in the gardens around us....it was truly spooky and those maggies were vicious.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 1:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just got attacked again.....in a different location!
Don't know if is the same bird or not but I think I will give cycling a rest for a while.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Just got attacked again.....in a different location!
Don't know if is the same bird or not but I think I will give cycling a rest for a while.
Have you put big google eyes on the back of your helmet? See them all the time in Canberra! No idea if they work or not!
Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Our poor postman cops it every afternoon, I find it quite amusing but would be terrified if they swooped on me
Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Magpies rule the skies as swooping season begins | Mail Online
Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I f**king hate Magpies. They are the scum of the air. Dyson, our smallest Labrador caught one a few months ago - good lad

In the UK, my neighbour and I used to trap and kill the little shits (before all the lefties/greenies attack it is legal over there as they are considered to be vermin)
Old Sep 20th 2014, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind the magpies- never been attacked- but loathe the cockatoos with a vengeance, closely followed by the brush turkey. Destructive things have between them ruined my garden every year, and the cockatoos have eaten the windows (twice).

I have lots of lorikeets, king parrots and eastern rosellas, which I like, crested pigeons, butcher birds, mynahs (native ones), kookaburras and corellas. I often hear the whip bird, and what I call the Doctor Who bird- think it is a lyre bird- that sings the opening beats of the theme tune: "duh-duh-duh-duh" repeat 4 times.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

So I watched someone flying a kite today whilst a magpie repeatedly attacked the kite. Vicious little bastard went at the kite for about half an hour
Old Sep 20th 2014, 12:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So I watched someone flying a kite today whilst a magpie repeatedly attacked the kite. Vicious little bastard went at the kite for about half an hour
It's just their instinct, they're trying to protect their nests/young. They only swoop in nesting season. Having said that, getting swooped is terrifying.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please explain why they regurgitate berries into my bird bath every day?

I fill it up with clean water and there are always berries in the bottom when I get home from work. I couldn't figure out where the berries were coming from until I sat watched them drink water then and spit them out.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:01 pm
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

cable ties in your cycle helmet. Looks daft but seems to be effective. Some of them are pretty determined.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Can someone please explain why they regurgitate berries into my bird bath every day?

I fill it up with clean water and there are always berries in the bottom when I get home from work. I couldn't figure out where the berries were coming from until I sat watched them drink water then and spit them out.
They are trying to make the bath look pretty.Its a bit like when people put petals in their bath.I do it all the time.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DML
cable ties in your cycle helmet. Looks daft but seems to be effective. Some of them are pretty determined.

Buy a butterfly net.

Go to where you know you'll get swooped upon. Net the magpie, down to the ground and stamp the f****er to death. It won't swoop on you again. And if you kill both parents the young will die, too.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
They are trying to make the bath look pretty.Its a bit like when people put petals in their bath.I do it all the time.

But these are male magpies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.