Wikiposts

f***i* roaches

Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default f***i* roaches

Discovered a few roaches running out of my computer keyboard so I decided to investigate and opened the keboard up. Straight away the rubber springy bits fell out and found out the keyboards was not dismantalable and certainly not fixable. PC at home is now running keyboardless so I will have to dig up some pile of crap around here.

BTW I surface spray near any electric equipment. I discovered them in the phone so that now has surface spray inside. I also surface sprayed the inside of the computer case and the monitor base.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

One ran out from under our BBQ plate yesterday :scared: :scared: Do they lay eggs willy nilly or have nests etc? Anybody know their breeding pattern?
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:40 pm
WBB

say it again !!!!

you have roaches living inside your computer keyboard ?

:scared: :scared:

how the f*** did they get in there ?

Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:45 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
say it again !!!!

you have roaches living inside your computer keyboard ?

how the f*** did they get in there ?
was the keyboard moving????
were they titchy little things or the big buggers ???

ugh!!!

sue
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:48 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: f***i* roaches

Originally posted by bondipom
Discovered a few roaches running out of my computer keyboard so I decided to investigate and opened the keboard up. Straight away the rubber springy bits fell out and found out the keyboards was not dismantalable and certainly not fixable. PC at home is now running keyboardless so I will have to dig up some pile of crap around here.

BTW I surface spray near any electric equipment. I discovered them in the phone so that now has surface spray inside. I also surface sprayed the inside of the computer case and the monitor base.
Crumbs, mate, Crumbs.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:49 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Anybody know their breeding pattern?
Sorry can't help with roach breeding.

Now stick people, I know why they became extinct...
Attached Thumbnails f***i* roaches-stickmen.gif  
Old Dec 28th 2003, 1:49 pm
ABCDiamond

I'd be on the phone to the pest control people.
I hadn't seen a cockroach in my house for just about 12 months! Although I do admit we did see more when we lived in NSW

Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:09 pm

Originally posted by Megalania
Crumbs, mate, Crumbs.
Megs you are probably correct. I challenge all of you to turn over your keyboards and give them a few taps. See what drops out.

I noticed the little baby roaches running out hence I got suspicious. Inside there were 4 1 cm buggers. All now dead along with the keyboard.

Living in a Sydney unit cockroaches are part of the ecosystem. There are always a few around.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

they tend not to get sen in the winter month, and I was just thinking that we had been mercifully without roaches this year when the hot spell struck and they seem to be back with a vengence.

big ones not such a problem as they are often lone flyers. When you see lots of little fellas then you've got problems.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

OMG........none in mine "oh wait i'm in Canada i'ts snowing outside...thank god...
Old Dec 28th 2003, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

B*****d creatures! Haven't had any in here for a couple of weeks, till this morning when one crawled out of the plughole in the bath.

MIL says they are part of life and I have to accept them like the ants! I say ants aren't 7cm long and don't fly into your face. She says I'm just a wus and will need to toughen up! I think she may be a cockroach in disguise.........
We haven't got any of the European ones, the place was fumigated a few years ago and now its just the odd nasty big one that ventures in.
Good luck Bondipom, hope you get that keyboard replaced soon
Old Dec 28th 2003, 3:48 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Both the big brown common type of roaches are introduced species ( called the American cockroach and Australian cockroach - the "Australian cockroach" is not a native species either, the name to this one is a bit misleading) -the tiny lighter brown ones you get (maybe the ones in your in Keyboard) are called German cockroaches (I'm biting my tongue on this one's name )

We've a few species of roaches in Aus - the ones you get in your house (pests) are all introduced (big brown ones) - the bush ones are native (ie the ones that live under bark etc, hundreds of those species) -
breeding they lay eggs, could be anywhere - behind walls.. under cracks (usually dampish places I have found - like behind sinks) - best way to get rid of them (besides calling in the pest controllers) are small bait traps - you can buy them in most supermarkets. the cockroach takes the bait back to the nest - hence killing the young/eggs.

I'm crawling off back home ... I wished for a cold Christmas - I did not mean I wanted a cold for Christmas! (got a cold or hayfever - can't tell which one - just know that I'm dying)

Good luck with your roaches
cheers
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully just hayfever Ceri - mines worse than I've ever known in Oz, Bloke says the wind has changed, so maybe thats it. Used to get me in the UK when the wind blew in from France - another thing they have to answer for!!!
Perhaps if I tell him I'm allergic to cockroaches he'll get the exterminators in to deal with these mega-brutes!
Get well soon,

Pollyana
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:12 pm

The big ones are great because they are fun to catch. I pick them up with a a tissue and squeeze until they go crunch.

The buggers are generally easy to find and leave a pile of shit wherever they are living. The littluns are the worst because they seem to be the most numerous and the hardest to kill.

Anywhere warm or cozy seem to be their favourite spots. Corners, hinges, electrical equipment, skirting boards and the nether parts of the kitchen are the worst spots. I think we might empty the kitchen of everything, surface spray and bomb it.

Another favourite spot is the fridge compressor. A must for surface spray. I do wonder what damage the sprays do to me but a dead roach is very satisfying.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:41 pm
ABCDiamond

If you want to see some pictures of the little (and not so little) pests, look here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.