eye-q

Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:21 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default eye-q

Can someone tell me the link for the fish oil capsules for kids...there was some replies to it a few weeks ago but its not coming up in a search...
cheers
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hey Johanne

Here's the original thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239225
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:46 am

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Jaykay
Hey Johanne

Here's the original thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239225

Thanks Jaykay, had a look in Knox today and Boronia, they havent heard of it yet, will check site now
cheers for that.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by johanne
Thanks Jaykay, had a look in Knox today and Boronia, they havent heard of it yet, will check site now
cheers for that.
Johanne
these sound the same as the EFALEX my kids have taken for the last 6 yrs yrs on and off.
www.efamol.com
these were first reasearched at Surrey uni and a friend told us about them - They used to have a label that said good for dyslexics and driving in the dark !!
But that has now been removed and it just says "unique formulation providing important fatty acids to help maintain eye and brain function"
We even managed to by them in Singapore - wonder if you can buy them in OZ?
Hx
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:19 am

Originally posted by helinuk
Johanne
these sound the same as the EFALEX my kids have taken for the last 6 yrs yrs on and off.
www.efamol.com
these were first reasearched at Surrey uni and a friend told us about them - They used to have a label that said good for dyslexics and driving in the dark !!
But that has now been removed and it just says "unique formulation providing important fatty acids to help maintain eye and brain function"
We even managed to by them in Singapore - wonder if you can buy them in OZ?
Hx
Hi Hel
yes you can buy them here i asked for eye-q today in a health shop at Knox and she said efalex so i said no its not that...so is it the same thing as eye-q then?
I had no luck with the novasel website so might go to chemist tomoz and ask for efalex...
cheers
johanne
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hel
yes you can buy them here i asked for eye-q today in a health shop at Knox and she said efalex so i said no its not that...so is it the same thing as eye-q then?
I had no luck with the novasel website so might go to chemist tomoz and ask for efalex...
cheers
johanne
Johanne, I don't know if they are identical to eye q , you'd need to compare ingredients.
Efalex are capsules:-) my daughter hated the taste of them so we cut them, put the contents into jam , cake or something she likes. She was 7 when she started taking them and I think they helped her, and they definately helped my son concentrate in the early days , ( he has just taken A levels ! )

I think you'll find it necessary to take them for a good few months to see results. Don't expect a result in days, we saw results after a month. Then you reduce the daily dosage . Good luck, I hope you have some sucess with them
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:23 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: eye-q

Can someone tell me the link for the fish oil capsules for kids...there was some replies to it a few weeks ago but its not coming up in a search...
cheers
There's be no need of expensive supplements like this if everyone just ate a balanced diet.
:lecture:
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by NedKelly63
There's be no need of expensive supplements like this if everyone just ate a balanced diet.
My child does eat a balanced diet and still takes eye q. The are especially good for children with concentration and co-ordination problems.

Have a look at the eye q website and see some of the research that has been done.

www.equazen.com
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:36 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debsy
My child does eat a balanced diet and still takes eye q. The are especially good for children with concentration and co-ordination problems.

Have a look at the eye q website and see some of the research that has been done.

www.equazen.com
Yeah - just had a look.

What is the fish source of eye q?
Sardines and pilchards, harvested from the unpolluted southern oceans.

I'm not being funny here, but when was the last time your child ate fish - and please be honest. I have kids myself, and it is difficult to get them near fish - fish fingers is about the limit.

I say, just make em eat pilchards and sardines. Probably cheaper too.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Yeah - just had a look.

What is the fish source of eye q?
Sardines and pilchards, harvested from the unpolluted southern oceans.

I'm not being funny here, but when was the last time your child ate fish - and please be honest. I have kids myself, and it is difficult to get them near fish - fish fingers is about the limit.

I say, just make em eat pilchards and sardines. Probably cheaper too.
As I said earlier my child eats a balanced diet. My kids love fish and they have it minimum three times a week. I am talking about fresh fish not processed food such as fish fingers.

I only feed my kids fresh food and they never have ready meals or crappy stuff like chicken nuggets unless we go to Mcdonalds once in a blue moon.

You would have to eat a lot of pilchards or sardines to have the same effect.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:46 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally posted by debsy
As I said earlier my child eats a balanced diet. My kids love fish and they have it minimum three times a week. I am talking about fresh fish not processed food such as fish fingers.

I only feed my kids fresh food and they never have ready meals or crappy stuff like chicken nuggets unless we go to Mcdonalds once in a blue moon.

You would have to eat a lot of pilchards or sardines to have the same effect.
When you say a lot, how many?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

When you say a lot, how many?
I do not know the answer to this but I am sure that if you sent the manufacturers an email they would only be to pleased to answer your question
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love some people Debs.

For whoever asked in the first place, Efalex is available in liquid form as well, my boys take it fairly readily, they call it their fishy lemon drink.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Gotta love some people Debs.

For whoever asked in the first place, Efalex is available in liquid form as well, my boys take it fairly readily, they call it their fishy lemon drink.
Maybe I will put her on that then when I arrive.
Have a nice day Mrs D
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong!!

Debs and my kids are on the autistic spectrum. This means that not only do they have the inability to make their own transfatty acids within their bodies (as other peolpe do), but they have total inability to store them as well. Couple this with large amounts of mercury being found in canned fish, which again depletes the stores of TFA's, then no amount of tuna sarnies is going to increase their levels sufficiently. This is well documented and proven, look here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=238213

Before you make generalised sweeping statements, perhaps give some consideration as to why the parent is giving their kids supplements in the first place, after all, like you said, they arn't cheap

PS. you can also get eye Q here
www.equasen.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.