Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extremely Silly Question Time!!

Extremely Silly Question Time!!

Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:26 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Question Extremely Silly Question Time!!

Hi All

Need help with this question!! When I arrive in Australia with my new visa in my passport - which immigration desk to I go to?? Do I still have to go to the one I went to when I arrived on my ETA or can I go to the Australian one where my wife goes????

Anyone out there know??

Cheers

Andy
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:34 pm
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

HI there!

Go to the Australian one.

When me and my hubby were out there in Feb the queue for non Australian passport holders was huuuuuuuuuuuge so I went with hubby to the much shorter queue at the Australian desk and they said as we are married I shouldn't bother going to the other desk anymore.

I haven't even got my visa yet!

T x
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremely Silly Question Time!!

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi All

Need help with this question!! When I arrive in Australia with my new visa in my passport - which immigration desk to I go to?? Do I still have to go to the one I went to when I arrived on my ETA or can I go to the Australian one where my wife goes????

Anyone out there know??

Cheers

Andy
Yep, definitely the Australia one. Even before my partner got his visa, when he was travelling on ETA's, he always went with me to the Australian counter. As we were travelling together, they didn't mind him turning up at the australian one, even though he had a british passport.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 9:51 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Re: Extremely Silly Question Time!!

Originally posted by sassie
Yep, definitely the Australia one. Even before my partner got his visa, when he was travelling on ETA's, he always went with me to the Australian counter. As we were travelling together, they didn't mind him turning up at the australian one, even though he had a british passport.
Many thanks for that, well bugger me, I could have saved hours LOL...
Tried to find info from the Sydney airport web site...but to no avail..Still I knew I could count on you guys to help me out

Ta Muchly

Andy