Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra shipping charges

Extra shipping charges

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extra shipping charges

Just had my shipping invoice through and there are two extra charges that are new to me.
Maff approved spray £20
NES customs export surcharge £35
Anybody come across these. They are not detailed in my quote of £3054 for Midlands to Melbourne. I know it's only £55 but it annoys me to get hit with extra charges that have not been detailed.
Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:02 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extra shipping charges

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Just had my shipping invoice through and there are two extra charges that are new to me.
Maff approved spray £20
Anybody come across these. They are not detailed in my quote of £3054 for Midlands to Melbourne. I know it's only £55 but it annoys me to get hit with extra charges that have not been detailed.
Ian
If Aussie customs find something that may be dirty with soil etc they are worried it might contain seeds etc which are not indiginous and could go wild in Aus. (Eg on bikes, garden tools...) They will spray to kill off all such stuff. The first item sounds like this. Not sure about the second.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:43 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Maff approved spray £20
Ian
We got hit with a bill of $150 which we had to pay or they would not release our things. The charges we're for "customs related services" is what we we're told when we rang our shipping agents.

It seems that most people get a few extra charges at the other end even though we have been assured that this will not be the case.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:53 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

One of the shipping guys we spoke to here said it`s a waste of money to get stuff steam-cleaned/fumigated in the UK as Oz customs would pick up on something and get it done there anyway.