Reload this Page >

Extra luggage allowance for migrants flying Qantas

Extra luggage allowance for migrants flying Qantas

Old Dec 12th 2002, 10:11 am
Just Joined

uk2oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extra luggage allowance for migrants flying Qantas

Hi

Has any one received an extra luggage allowance from Qantas when flying there as new migrants?

After getting my visa, I have been there once to get it stamped but I intend to go there for settlement shortly (on a one way ticket).

I wonder whether I am eligible of the extra luggage allowance from Qantas.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this.

Many thanks,
Mike
Old Dec 12th 2002, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point

One way ticket.. Have you compared the cost of them? I'm off at the start of next year, but I'll buy a return just because its cheeper (from all teh searches I have made) than buying a one way one.

Typically economy was arround 850 UK pounds return or 1600 uk pounds one way!! Think I'm prepared to chuck the return part away if I dont visit the Uk again within a year.
Old Dec 12th 2002, 11:32 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Extra luggage allowance for migrants flying Qantas

Originally posted by uk2oz
Hi

Has any one received an extra luggage allowance from Qantas when flying there as new migrants?

After getting my visa, I have been there once to get it stamped but I intend to go there for settlement shortly (on a one way ticket).

Many thanks,
Mike
There have been many posts about this in the past. If I remember correctly Qantas will give more baggage allowance. Most people have said that the have arranged this at the time of booking or before they travel. It would be a nightmare to get to the airport and then be charged excess. So I would discuss with your travel when you book and get it pre-arranged.

Best wishes.

Cinderella
Old Dec 14th 2002, 1:03 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extra luggage allowance for migrants flying Qantas

Originally posted by uk2oz
Hi

Many thanks,
Mike
Qantas do a "migrant" flight, one way at a good price with double baggage allowance. Go through The Strand office.
Old Dec 14th 2002, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

For what it's worth, more than a decade ago I availed of a Singapore Airlines double baggage allowance. From memory Qantas, BA and Cathay had similar offerings (can't be sure).

My subsequent OZ-UK-OZ return flight I went via the USA, going that way I was under the impression that one had a limit of two check-in bags rather than a weight limit as such.