Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EXTRA LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE HOW DID YOU MANAGE WITH THE CASES??

Wikiposts

EXTRA LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE HOW DID YOU MANAGE WITH THE CASES??

Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EXTRA LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE HOW DID YOU MANAGE WITH THE CASES??

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Emirates quoted us GBP29.71 per kilo over 20kgs allowance last year.

M

Emirates are allowing 50 lilos per person at the moment for people migrating on unvalidated visas.
If you book online through moving planet their fares are also very good.
Within 24 hours of booking (online only) you have to e mail or fax a copy of your passport and migration visa with name, contact number and booking ref details.

This is a great deal if you do not have a connecting onward flight..as I do to Cairns.

I would have to pay Virgin Blue or Jetstar the additional baggage allowance which works out at $150 dollars for being 30 kilos over their 20 kg allowance.

Jetstar are a little more accomodating stating that an e mail should be sent with booking details explaining reason why the baggage will be over the limit..and they MAY not charge..depending on weight checked in that day!

Luckily my freinds in Sydney have a relative who is high up at the airport and knows many of the flight company directors, so she is going to try to sort me out..I will also get a few days in Sydney before flying up to Cairns!! may get an upgrade if lucky!

If you have sporting equipment which is packed correctly this is usually free. No charge from Emirates for my mountain bike all packed up in holdall.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EXTRA LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE HOW DID YOU MANAGE WITH THE CASES??

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Emirates are allowing 50 lilos per person at the moment for people migrating on unvalidated visas.
If you book online through moving planet their fares are also very good.
Within 24 hours of booking (online only) you have to e mail or fax a copy of your passport and migration visa with name, contact number and booking ref details.

This is a great deal if you do not have a connecting onward flight..as I do to Cairns.

I would have to pay Virgin Blue or Jetstar the additional baggage allowance which works out at $150 dollars for being 30 kilos over their 20 kg allowance.

Jetstar are a little more accomodating stating that an e mail should be sent with booking details explaining reason why the baggage will be over the limit..and they MAY not charge..depending on weight checked in that day!

Luckily my freinds in Sydney have a relative who is high up at the airport and knows many of the flight company directors, so she is going to try to sort me out..I will also get a few days in Sydney before flying up to Cairns!! may get an upgrade if lucky!

If you have sporting equipment which is packed correctly this is usually free. No charge from Emirates for my mountain bike all packed up in holdall.
I meant 50 kilos..not lilos!!!!!! Lilos would be a damn sight lighter!