Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra luggage allowance\great deals on flight?

Extra luggage allowance\great deals on flight?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Smile Extra luggage allowance\great deals on flight?

Hi Guys,

We are now in the final steps of getting our vias - X-rays tomorrow, medicals in 2 weeks, police checks sent off.

We are looking now to get out to OZ (Sydney) in the 3rd or 4th week of Jan 2010.

Does anyone know if any airlines do great deals on one way flights or extra baggage allowance?

Any help would be great

Ta
Michelle
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Re: Extra luggage allowance\great deals on flight?

From memory as long as you've got your visa grant letter and you've booked one-way tickets lots of airlines give you around 40kg baggage allowance. I know Singapore Airlines definitely does but fairly sure lots of others do too.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

We are now in the final steps of getting our vias - X-rays tomorrow, medicals in 2 weeks, police checks sent off.

We are looking now to get out to OZ (Sydney) in the 3rd or 4th week of Jan 2010.

Does anyone know if any airlines do great deals on one way flights or extra baggage allowance?

Any help would be great

Ta
Michelle
Emirates do 50kg each if you use moving planet code, sorry but forgot what the code is, think it was UKMOVE1.
This is only one way and with unvalidated PR visa

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Sep 10th 2009 at 5:20 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

I originally phoned Qantas and they said that their migrant fares are generally 10-20% more. I though OK that's worth it for 40kg, but when I phoned them it was almost double the online price.

We've booked a BA flight for £558 but they have an option to add an extra 23kg (1 bag) for £90 at the moment to be reduced to about £40 I think from early October if you book it in advance online.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Emirates do 50kg each if you use moving planet code, sorry but forgot what the code is, think it was UKMOVE1.
This is only one way and with unvalidated PR visa
when we looked at the prices for Jan 09 to move with moving planet, they were talking about £4,000 more than we were due to pay with SA. Thus ensure you compare because they may give you a good allowance but most of the time the prices are crazy...
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slipshot
when we looked at the prices for Jan 09 to move with moving planet, they were talking about £4,000 more than we were due to pay with SA. Thus ensure you compare because they may give you a good allowance but most of the time the prices are crazy...
You don't need to do it through moving planet, you just use their code. Enter code on emirates site and it works.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
I originally phoned Qantas and they said that their migrant fares are generally 10-20% more. I though OK that's worth it for 40kg, but when I phoned them it was almost double the online price.

We've booked a BA flight for £558 but they have an option to add an extra 23kg (1 bag) for £90 at the moment to be reduced to about £40 I think from early October if you book it in advance online.
Had a look at this last night. Works out alot cheaper than using excess baggage so may rethink my plan of using Emirates in October!??
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:33 am
Just Joined

maxamiliipn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chelly77

Any help would be great

Ta
Michelle
Enquire with your airline about "Unaccompanied Baggage" or use an airline that provides the service.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...oq=&aqi=g-sx10
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chilliman
Had a look at this last night. Works out alot cheaper than using excess baggage so may rethink my plan of using Emirates in October!??
We're going in October too. I realised that I'd actually quoted the prices wrongly. It's £90 at the airport, £72 online in advance at the moment which will be reduced from early Oct to around £40.