Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

extension to SIR visa

extension to SIR visa

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default extension to SIR visa

completely stressing out at the moment....

after converstaion with EA yesterday am really worried about house selling in time for me to be in SA by oct to fulfill the requirements of my visa of living there two years. (getting a job when im there is a lesser worry at the moment)

visa granted jul o5, validated oct 05 so now this oct have only two years left (i think..visa says must not arrive after 25 jan 09)

anyhow i was wondering if i could apply for extension even before i arrive..that might give me time to save some money or more time to sell the house...

couldnt have put house up for sale any earlier than now as was having work done to it..

any advice more than welcome. thank you
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all
Default Re: extension to SIR visa

Originally Posted by lollyno1
completely stressing out at the moment....

after converstaion with EA yesterday am really worried about house selling in time for me to be in SA by oct to fulfill the requirements of my visa of living there two years. (getting a job when im there is a lesser worry at the moment)

visa granted jul o5, validated oct 05 so now this oct have only two years left (i think..visa says must not arrive after 25 jan 09)

anyhow i was wondering if i could apply for extension even before i arrive..that might give me time to save some money or more time to sell the house...

couldnt have put house up for sale any earlier than now as was having work done to it..

any advice more than welcome. thank you
Hi,

My understanding is that you are able to apply for a 1 yr onshore extension to the Visa, especially to help with satisfying the conditions of it, before you move into the next stage for PR Visa.

graham
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max&Ozzy
Hi,

My understanding is that you are able to apply for a 1 yr onshore extension to the Visa, especially to help with satisfying the conditions of it, before you move into the next stage for PR Visa.

graham

thanks for the reply...as i read it...i have to be there to apply for extension...trouble is i might not get there for oct..
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

thanks for the reply...as i read it...i have to be there to apply for extension...trouble is i might not get there for oct..
I think you need to apply for the extension at the end / near to the end of the current visa term, not in advance.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

I think you need to apply for the extension at the end / near to the end of the current visa term, not in advance.

thanks for info..thought as much. just have to keep everything crossed and hope house sells before deadline or its good bye oz
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

thanks for info..thought as much. just have to keep everything crossed and hope house sells before deadline or its good bye oz
No - that's what i'm trying to get across. It's not goodbye Oz if you don't get there by Oct, as you just apply for an extension once you are near the end of the current term. So say you get there next Jan, it means you've only got, say, 20 months left on the visa. Towards the end of the term you would apply for the one year extension.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

No - that's what i'm trying to get across. It's not goodbye Oz if you don't get there by Oct, as you just apply for an extension once you are near the end of the current term. So say you get there next Jan, it means you've only got, say, 20 months left on the visa. Towards the end of the term you would apply for the one year extension.

lol thanks, im blonde and in pain..(back) so things somethimes take time to sink in...

do you know anyone who has asked for an extension...and was it granted..
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

lol thanks, im blonde and in pain..(back) so things somethimes take time to sink in...

do you know anyone who has asked for an extension...and was it granted..
doubtful that anyone has just yet, as i think the SIR visa isn't much more than 2/3 years old itself, so it's unlikely that anyone has got the to the end of their terms yet. I wouldn't have thought you'd experience much difficulty though, as it's quite clearly stated how to put an application in.