Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extension of Medical and Police Clearance Deadline

Extension of Medical and Police Clearance Deadline

Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:50 am
Just Joined

JAYVEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extension of Medical and Police Clearance Deadline

Is it possible to request for an extension of the submission of medical and police clearance?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:59 am
owieb

Default Re: Extension of Medical and Police Clearance Deadline

Originally posted by JAYVEE
Is it possible to request for an extension of the submission of medical and police clearance?
We had our request for medicals/police checks at the beginning of May 2003 telling us they had to be received by the end of May 2003 when a decision was going to be made.

The police checks were taking 40 days. We got our medicals done straight away and sent those off and I just put a note in to say that police checks were taking 40 days and as soon as I had it I would forward it to them. In the end it took me 2 months to get my police checks due to Scotland Yard losing my certificate 3 times!

So I didn't get my check off to ASPC till end of June 2003.

The only downside was that I missed the fast processing that was going on before the end of the year!

I guess if you have a genuine reason why you want to delay the checks then I guess you can ask, but I don't know what the official line is.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:59 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JAYVEE
Not a problem. I've had four extensions so far - although one was for only six days (think the case officer made a mistake!)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

All you need to do is email your case officer and explain the situation and you will get an extension. It is not a problem.

Adrian
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by owieb
We had our request for medicals/police checks at the beginning of May 2003 telling us they had to be received by the end of May 2003 when a decision was going to be made.

The police checks were taking 40 days. We got our medicals done straight away and sent those off and I just put a note in to say that police checks were taking 40 days and as soon as I had it I would forward it to them. In the end it took me 2 months to get my police checks due to Scotland Yard losing my certificate 3 times!

So I didn't get my check off to ASPC till end of June 2003.

The only downside was that I missed the fast processing that was going on before the end of the year!

I guess if you have a genuine reason why you want to delay the checks then I guess you can ask, but I don't know what the official line is.

When did you finally get the go ahead