Reload this Page >

Exporting a Trike to NZ from UK

Exporting a Trike to NZ from UK

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:48 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Exporting a Trike to NZ from UK

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had expeirences of shipping a Motorcyle or Trike over to NZ from UK prices...problems etc

Any thing appreciated

Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:21 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Exporting a Trike to NZ from UK

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had expeirences of shipping a Motorcyle or Trike over to NZ from UK prices...problems etc

Any thing appreciated

Cheers
Hi,

I think I answered your question on the immigration forum when you were a usenet poster called 'lottie'. Have I got that right? Did you read it?
Anyway we brought our bike over and so did 'Garrisondamn' between us we should be able to hep you out.

Paula
Old Oct 4th 2003, 10:17 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hi,

I think I answered your question on the immigration forum when you were a usenet poster called 'lottie'. Have I got that right? Did you read it?
Anyway we brought our bike over and so did 'Garrisondamn' between us we should be able to hep you out.

Paula
Hi Paula,

Yes i asked the question on the Immigration Newsgroup and you recommended coming here, i have checked through the postings but couldnt find anything, but thank you for directing me to this site its brilliant and the people have been so friendly, Any help will be most appreciated
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:37 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hi everyone,

Any thing appreciated

Cheers
Hi, as Paula said, I also imported my bike, though it was a standard CBR & I assume your trike is a custom project.
Basically you have to have owned the vehicle for a least 1 year & sign a bond to say you will not sell it for 2 years, or you will have to pay the GST (VAT) on the trikes value.
The vehicle has to go through customs & MAFF inspection before it is released to you. Then you have to take it to an approved station for complience testing. This basically tests the vehicle to see if it meets NZ vehicle standards & includes your warrant of fitness (WOF) test. Then get it rego-ed and a number plate (all done at the same place)
As to what the criterea is, have a look at the Land Transport Safety Authority LTSA website for further details. It should tell you all you need to know. http://www.ltsa.govt.nz

As I assume your vehicle is non-standard, the info on complience may not be there, if you want I know an inspector (a biker also) at the ON Road NZ testing station here & could ask him about trikes if ya like.

Good luck

PS. Paula, sorry I didn't call in last week, i came down there, but time was a bit tight on getting back, will be down soon for more racing at Ruapuna, hopefully me competinig!!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:01 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default exporting motorcycles

HI Aussie we had working for us sent his bike back to Oz his brother in law sent his back to NZ they rode them here.They made thier own crates from second hand pallets smallest dimemsions possible they were experts having done same in Oz and thailand, around the bikes they packed other goods its the dims not the wieght that count for cost.The bike MUST be CLEAN very clean for other end inspection, get out the gunk.I think they found shippers in TNT magasine who came and collected bikes from there pad. Colin The old plumber
Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:49 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Hi, as Paula said, I also imported my bike, though it was a standard CBR & I assume your trike is a custom project.
Basically you have to have owned the vehicle for a least 1 year & sign a bond to say you will not sell it for 2 years, or you will have to pay the GST (VAT) on the trikes value.
The vehicle has to go through customs & MAFF inspection before it is released to you. Then you have to take it to an approved station for complience testing. This basically tests the vehicle to see if it meets NZ vehicle standards & includes your warrant of fitness (WOF) test. Then get it rego-ed and a number plate (all done at the same place)
As to what the criterea is, have a look at the Land Transport Safety Authority LTSA website for further details. It should tell you all you need to know. http://www.ltsa.govt.nz

As I assume your vehicle is non-standard, the info on complience may not be there, if you want I know an inspector (a biker also) at the ON Road NZ testing station here & could ask him about trikes if ya like.

Good luck

PS. Paula, sorry I didn't call in last week, i came down there, but time was a bit tight on getting back, will be down soon for more racing at Ruapuna, hopefully me competinig!!

Hi Alan,
Just one other point to add to yours if you are on a work visa you have to pay GST
i even tried asking when we get our residency visa could we claim it back but no . They worked our GST out from the reciept we had kept from when we had purchased the bike. Not sure what evidence they would require for a custom trike to work out value. Maybe it would be worth contacting customs.

I'll let you off for not popping in for a cuppa. Make sure you let me know when your at Ruapuna and we will come along.

Paula