Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exporting the Precious Pooch

Exporting the Precious Pooch

Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Zara

Hi there, I realise there have been loads of threads on this previously, but having searched and read through most of them a lot are from a while back. I was wondering if anyone had any really recent experience of this and any recommendations.

I know Golden Arrow get great reviews on here, however, we live in Scotland and they won't deliver the travelling kennel here, you have to take the dog to them and Zara is not a good traveller!!!! We felt it would be even more stressful for her to go through that long drive before the huge flight.

So we're trying to find out the best companies that fly from scotland, come highly recommended, with the least amount of travelling time.

Offhand, does anybody know if Emirates allow pets on their flights as they fly direct from Glasgow to Perth with a stop in Dubai in the middle of the night, which would be good as it appears to definately be the shortest flight time?

Suppose I better shut it and give someone the chance to get a word in edge wise!!!

thanks

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki.P; Oct 14th 2006 at 10:42 pm. Reason: cos I'm dippit!!!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 2:14 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping Zara

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Hi there, I realise there have been loads of threads on this previously, but having searched and read through most of them a lot are from a while back. I was wondering if anyone had any really recent experience of this and any recommendations.

I know Golden Arrow get great reviews on here, however, we live in Scotland and they won't deliver the travelling kennel here, you have to take the dog to them and Zara is not a good traveller!!!! We felt it would be even more stressful for her to go through that long drive before the huge flight.

So we're trying to find out the best companies that fly from scotland, come highly recommended, with the least amount of travelling time.

Offhand, does anybody know if Emirates allow pets on their flights as they fly direct from Glasgow to Perth with a stop in Dubai in the middle of the night, which would be good as it appears to definately be the shortest flight time?

Suppose I better shut it and give someone the chance to get a word in edge wise!!!

thanks

Nikki
Hi Nikki,i'll put a couple of scottish pet travel companies up here in the afternoon.Different pet removal companies use different airlines.
I have a number for one in Ayr and one in Dunfermline.
We are trying to get our Pug into Oz and most airlines wont fly a flat nosed breed due to breathing difficulties that may arise,the company in Ayr say they can take him but the airlines they say they use have a ban on his breed so im not sure how competent they are,plus they've never flown a Pug to Oz.

We are going to use Ryslip who are based just outside London.We will have to drive down to London with him as BA and BMI ect wont fly him down.
If your dogs not flat nosed then i'd reccomend Ryslip,they seem to be the most professional company we've dealt with over the phone,and the price is good.
Beware really cheap options,when you look at the small print you'll be liable for almost everything on the other side!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

I got told when we flew our boxer over here to brisbane that only quantas could fly pets into australia it must have changed?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:38 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wintersgills
I got told when we flew our boxer over here to brisbane that only quantas could fly pets into australia it must have changed?
Quantas wont take ours,but Japan Air+Singapore Airlines will.Not sure about Emirates though.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brido
Hi Nikki,i'll put a couple of scottish pet travel companies up here in the afternoon.Different pet removal companies use different airlines.
I have a number for one in Ayr and one in Dunfermline.
We are trying to get our Pug into Oz and most airlines wont fly a flat nosed breed due to breathing difficulties that may arise,the company in Ayr say they can take him but the airlines they say they use have a ban on his breed so im not sure how competent they are,plus they've never flown a Pug to Oz.

We are going to use Ryslip who are based just outside London.We will have to drive down to London with him as BA and BMI ect wont fly him down.
If your dogs not flat nosed then i'd reccomend Ryslip,they seem to be the most professional company we've dealt with over the phone,and the price is good.
Beware really cheap options,when you look at the small print you'll be liable for almost everything on the other side!
That would be much appreciated, thanks very much. Found Ryslip mentioned in one or two of the earlier threads but wondered whether anyone had any recent experience of using them as there wasn't really that much about them on the forum (compared to the likes of Golden Arrow that is!!).

Price is not a problem, would pay anything as long as Zara gets to the other end safe and sound. This is the one part that we won't be trying to save money on!!!!

Didn't know that about Pugs, this must be even more stressful for you when companies are telling you one thing and the the airlines policy says another - doesnt inspire confidence does it? Good luck, cos I know this is definately the part of the move that is stressing me out the most.

Who is that Ryslip fly them with then? OH wants me to find out their policy if the hold loses pressure (will they divert?) - apparently there was some mention of this in a previous thread.

thanks again

Nikki
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Exporting the Precious Pooch

BUMP!!! Sorry but I wondered whether anyone had any experience of Ryslip exporting their pets? I want to make sure I choose the right company, with a good reputation. I know Golden Arrow get the best press on here, but they aren't any good to me - too far away, wont send the kennel to a scottish airport and Zara suffers badly from car sickness so wouldn't want to to put her through that before the flight!!!

Any further help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Nikki