exporting dogs

Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

jemma_howle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exporting dogs

we are moving to oz in october and have a 16month old german shepherd, who is coming with us. we have had some quotes from different company's. i has just wondering if anyone has any company's they can recommend or if anyone has done it without a company and how hard it was?? :scared:
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: exporting dogs

Originally Posted by jemma_howle
we are moving to oz in october and have a 16month old german shepherd, who is coming with us. we have had some quotes from different company's. i has just wondering if anyone has any company's they can recommend or if anyone has done it without a company and how hard it was?? :scared:
We have a German Shepherd as well and we are going with Golden arrow as a result of the fantastic recommendations they recieve on here. Air pets are highly recommended on here as well but Golden arrow just felt right for me. We are quoted £2600 by them and £2900 by air pets but we had already decided on Golden Arrow even before we got the cheaper quote. Where are you looking at going to in Aus. We are going to Perth and the quarantines full until mid Nov at the earliest
Tracie
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: exporting dogs

we are going to melborne. there is a company up the road to us call par air, they have quoted £2159, which is the best quote we have had so far. they are also close to us. which is nice im sure he will love it in oz but the flight worries me, so long on his own and im such a small box!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We have German Shepherds also. The dogs are been handled by Chilworth Kennels who up to now have been very helpful and professional. we are taking them to the kennels and they are staying there for 10 days then flying to Sydney for 30 days then Transpet are picking them up and delivering to Brisbane. It will be a long time to be without them but at least we will be fully ready for them.

The problem we are encountering at the moment is finding a rental that will take two dogs, we are not too worried because we will have plenty of time at the other end.

They went to the vets today for blood tests and Frontline treatment, we had the lepto test earlier as that is one most likely to fail but they passed. Remember not to renew the Lepto jab if the booster is due soon. It can effect the blood test.

The whole process is expensive (We could fly first class for the amount paid) but we made a commitment when we bought them 3 years ago.

When we were looking at quotations to Brisbane, Christopher at Chilworth Kennels was the only person to provide onward shipment from Sydney to Brisbane details.

Hope this helps

Steve
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

we are going to melborne. there is a company up the road to us call par air, they have quoted £2159, which is the best quote we have had so far. they are also close to us. which is nice im sure he will love it in oz but the flight worries me, so long on his own and im such a small box!
I know what you mmeanthe thoughts of my girl being stuck in a box for 24 hours and then locked up in qquarantinefor 30 days horrifies me but I also know she will love all the beaches in Perth so it will be worth it. I actually was very over generous with her measurements so as to ensure she got the biggest crate possible so I think that would have made my quote a bit higher but sod it I dont care once she's OK.
Tracie
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:55 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

We have a golden lab and used Golden Arrow and they were fabulous. A bit more expensive than the others but well worth the extra. They were so helpful when we had a few mix-ups with blood tests etc. I was impressed by the size of his transport box too, it was great and there was a built in water container for him as well which was a relief because some didn't have those.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

i will contact golden arrow, and i think i might make him a bit longer!! would like to have a bigger box!! i also dont think that the company's i contacted included built in water containers.